Russell (Rainblo) in Window Lighting

Yep, you're still one of my biggest inspirations... Great set.
Thank you.
upload_2017-9-16_2-48-21.png

I like the posing though; it's not typical to how most people would choose to photograph men, but to me it definitely show's Russel's more emotive and feminine side. I also enjoy the form it creates for the overall composition of the shot.

This is one of the biggest reasons I like the 3rd shot the most. I think the posing plus the balance between detail and shadow creates the strongest story and mood of the set.
I completely agree with this! I was thinking, "The third one is hawt!" before scrolling down to read the comments about the dark lighting, etc. A total non-issue here: this is a very expressive shot with body language alone. The available light is directed perfectly, and I love the balance of the horizontal frame. A winner.

I like the posing though; it's not typical to how most people would choose to photograph men, but to me it definitely show's Russel's more emotive and feminine side. I also enjoy the form it creates for the overall composition of the shot.

This is one of the biggest reasons I like the 3rd shot the most. I think the posing plus the balance between detail and shadow creates the strongest story and mood of the set.
I completely agree with this! I was thinking, "The third one is hawt!" before scrolling down to read the comments about the dark lighting, etc. A total non-issue here: this is a very expressive shot with body language alone. The available light is directed perfectly, and I love the balance of the horizontal frame. A winner.
Thank you Terri. I went through many years of trying to perfect the technical aspect of photography, but lately I would rather the focus be on the feeling and emotion of the image rather than achieving technical perfection. I think details can be kept in the dark, as it leaves something to the imagination and deep shadows to me express deep emotion. The shot would be great with some fill on the dark side as well, but it wouldn't be as expressive to me if that were the case.

Last edited:
I completely agree. Think of stage shots; theater. This is exactly the kind of photography that would be valuable to promote a play. Technical perfection certainly has its place, but it can also be quite sterile. The best photos evoke some kind of emotional response. Who cares if the subject is in partial shadow here? We instead get the mystery and are left wanting more.

Most reactions

Back