Russian Billionaire Installs Anti-Photo Shield on Giant Yacht

Lasers sweep the surroundings and when they detect a CCD, they fire a bolt of light right at the camera to obliterate any photograph.
Firstly, how do the 'lasers' know when they see a CCD? (what about CMOS :roll: )
And even if they can, most professional cameras have actual shutters that cover the sensor unless they are actively in video or live-view mode.

Pidgin..... James pidgin. Agent 00-Buck.

I say ol' man. Do tell me how such a laser can penetrate the lens??
If this story is as big a "fish story" as I think, or perhaps the ol' chap actually bought this thing. Would that mean he possible was.. well.... Taken, not sold?

Do say there.. pass me a Rum with a Dark Beer Chaser.....

My good nemesis .. Dr. Dumb.

Lasers sweep the surroundings and when they detect a CCD, they fire a bolt of light right at the camera to obliterate any photograph.
QUOTE]

Mmm. If the mirror is down, does that mean that the laser is reflected back to destroy the source machine. :lol:

skieur

Ahhhh Once again.... the intent is overridden by reality...

"There are some caveats, according to Summet. Current camera-neutralizing technology may never work against single-lens-reflex cameras, which use a folding-mirror viewing system that effectively masks its CCD except when a photo is actually being taken. Moreover, anti-digital techniques don't work on conventional film cameras because they have no image sensor.
Good computer analysis will be the heart of effective camera blocking, Summet believes."

Ahhhh Once again.... the intent is overridden by reality...

"There are some caveats, according to Summet. Current camera-neutralizing technology may never work against single-lens-reflex cameras, which use a folding-mirror viewing system that effectively masks its CCD except when a photo is actually being taken. Moreover, anti-digital techniques don't work on conventional film cameras because they have no image sensor.
Good computer analysis will be the heart of effective camera blocking, Summet believes."

I hate it when technology isn't the solution to all my problems :gah:

- R

Why not just put mirrors on the exteriour and instead of black tint windows, use silver tint...
it will essentially become invisible.

uh /thread?
damn it always happens with me!!

Mmm. If the mirror is down, does that mean that the laser is reflected back to destroy the source machine. :lol:

skieur
That brings up a good point. The mirror actually reflects what the lens sees up to the photographer's eye. Thus, wouldn't the mirror also direct the laser beam directly into the photographer's eye?

Sounds like a nice lawsuit to me and the unfortunate result of a blind photographer.

Apparently the laser only fires after it has detected a CCD sensor...and since it can't see the sensor with the mirror down...there should be no danger...also, no real photo protection for the yacht. Sounds like this rich guy got taken to the cleaners on this one.

Most reactions

Back