Ryan Bisson Promo Photos

natewatters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ryan Bisson (July 27 @ FCC W/ Porter!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Just did these the other night here in downtown Portland, OR. Ryan is a local musician who plays some great tunes at various local venues in Portland and the surrounding areas.

We met up after work the other night to do some promo shots for him. I had no idea what to do, other than that I wanted to do some shooting on the Hawthorne bridge. We did a few on the bridge and some others at Ira Keller Fountain where we were lucky enough to meet Dylan and Margaret, two local Pedicab drivers cooling off in the water at 1:00 a.m. Needless to say, we had a great time...feel free to let me know what you think. Thanks!

3726822377_3b8745d572.jpg

3727626964_eaf92bf8f3.jpg

3726824207_a1801b6a9e.jpg

3726823437_3655a4b372.jpg

3727628928_93a6d0bf8e.jpg

3727628078_9a500445f0.jpg

3727629220_3e22a2c0cc.jpg

I only know he's a musician because you told us that. Based on what you shot, I would think he was a comedian. To me that's what the pictures convey - that he's a comedian. I think you need to bring the musician thing in more. What does that mean? Well it's different for everyone, but does he play guitar, sing, any other instrument. Maybe tie that in with the funny aspects of these photos and I think you would have some winners here. For example, in 5 what if he had his instrument in hand while riding in the back of that thing or had his mike? But if these are promo shots for a musician I feel that we should know that by looking at them and in this case I wouldn't know that. Overall though it's obvious that you and him are loose, fun, and creative.

The first and second ones seem "fine"... I might not have chosen all black clothes to wear at night and then have that much of his body in the frame (particularly in the first one) as it looks a bit like a floating head), but... not bad.

Those rest are ... really ... odd. Sorry. And what I was expecting was intended to be sexy wound up being a kind of heavy woman not wearing too much... The comedic element is ... odd... the naked skinny man groping him... it's all just odd.

Overall, I'd say go back and try again.

I'm really sorry. Just trying to be honest.

good point on the black clothing comment...i've been thinking that since I first looked at the photos after the shoot. It would have been a good idea to light the fountain behind him more in the ones with the other models....

and i guess it's lucky for us that the photos seem "odd"...that's what we were aiming for, so the shoot was a success. i understand the photos aren't for everyone, though!

fanatic: I totally see where you're coming from... i guess i wanted the photos to reflect his personality more than anything. it would be hard to throw a guitar in to this shoot and not make it seem out of place or cheesy. i do agree with your comments on some level, though...maybe i need to get more creative.

Most reactions

Back