Rylee Love Daddy+tone question

jovince3000

Fried potato lover
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there everyone,

Today I have a special little request, as well as the general C&C.

My specific question is about the tone map, I've added blue in the shadows and tried to reach a cream tone for the skin colour. I'd like to know how does the skin look like on your monitor. Does it look too yellow or too red?

Thanks in advance!

(also new logo, it's kinda overwhelming I know but I had issue with stolen images recently and I also launched my new website that I wanted to insert, yeay~ any opinion on the signature?)

_MG_3634-Edit.jpg

1/100 f/8 45mm (24-105 f/4 IS USM) Canon Rebel T3I

Last edited:
Way too yellow with hints of green. Should look like this:

Joe

baby.jpg

way too pink. it should look like this:

: posts not a pink picture :

I was playing around with it... -20 orange hue looked pretty good to me without any other edits.

_MG_3634-Edit-1.jpg

Last edited:
Which is it Y_Y...

I've adjusted the skin so it's a bit more red in that version, I think I nailed it down pretty close to you @Ysarex . How does that feel?

_MG_3634-Edit.jpg

What it looks like on "our" monitor is irrelevant. You're asking a bunch of random people on the net, who may have their monitor calibrated or not, and may have done that calibration properly or not, who like the image the same way you like it, or not.

Get your own monitor calibrated and make the decision yourself.

Which is it Y_Y...

I've adjusted the skin so it's a bit more red in that version, I think I nailed it down pretty close to you @Ysarex . How does that feel?
Please excuse my barging in here, but the eye still contains some bluish-green making it look as if the baby has a black eye. Perhaps over three days old, but still the remnants of a black eye.

(from the original post:

I've added blue in the shadows and tried to reach a cream tone for the skin colour.
I don't understand your reasoning here. Why add blue to make a "cream tone"?

What was the matter with the original SOOC? (yes, I know the camera's firmware created it)

Please excuse my barging in here, but the eye still contains some bluish-green making it look as if the baby has a black eye. Perhaps over three days old, but still the remnants of a black eye.

What was the matter with the original SOOC? (yes, I know the camera's firmware created it)

Got the blue "blackeye" out as you pointed out... give a little "bronze-ish" effect on my side now.... can't get rid of it without bringing back the blue in the eyes...

For my defence, I added blue to the shadows only ( selective colour adjustments) and then did another selective tone adjustment for the skin only, trying to reach cream-tone (for the skin only) that was my reasoning.

what was wrong with the SOOC ? .. well a lot of thing... here's a comparision of the V3 I just got out and the SOOC (+ global lightroom adjustment before I brought it to photoshop)

Before & after

_MG_3634.jpg_MG_3634-Edit.jpg

Got the blue "blackeye" out as you pointed out... give a little "bronze-ish" effect on my side now.... can't get rid of it without bringing back the blue in the eyes...

For my defence, I added blue to the shadows only ( selective colour adjustments) and then did another selective tone adjustment for the skin only, trying to reach cream-tone (for the skin only) that was my reasoning.

what was wrong with the SOOC ? .. well a lot of thing... here's a comparision of the V3 I just got out and the SOOC (+ global lightroom adjustment before I brought it to photoshop)

Before & after

View attachment 105554View attachment 105553

Your best skin color is in the 2nd version you posted. Fix the eyes and keep that skin coloring.

Joe

The signature is a confusing mess, and looks homemade...it is a nightmare. I cannot for the life of me make any sense of it. If there is one thing that ought to be done by a graphic arts professional with experience, it is a company's logo.

The signature is a confusing mess, and looks homemade...it is a nightmare. I cannot for the life of me make any sense of it. If there is one thing that ought to be done by a graphic arts professional with experience, it is a company's logo.

And it has been the bane of me since the beginning of my very existence as you can see. I can't make logo nor signature. I'm just bad at it. Well now I know what to do with that signature, doesn't matter what other people think of it I just needed that one comment.

Original was too yellow, I like the jovinve3000 color tone. What does the customer like? They will not have a calibrated monitor, nor will they care about color calibration. So what is pleasing to their eye? This is a cute picture and it needs to be printed. Like the logo.

Sent by philsphoto.com from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back