SA Riverwalk @ Night (HDR) C&C Please

taknbyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The San Antonio River Walk. I was going for a surreal painted type of look. Please let me know what you guys think.

SARiverWalkWM.jpg

I for one think it's inspiring.

It has lots of colors which always attract me....lol, the only thing i'm finding hard as i look at it is that my eyes are trying to focus on the whole picture and take it all in at once as i don't seem to be able to see a real focal point. But then again maybe thats the idea? Nice picture

I think it's supposed to be blurry. He did say he was going to a painted look. I love the foreground with the people and the brick building. The more modern building in the background ruins it for me though...

I like how soft it came out of.. The only thing I don't like about it is the composition. It doesn't "feel" right for me(the trees on each side are really distracting) but probably it's just my preference.

Doesn't do anything for me sorry. It's too soft, there are too many distracting elements (trees and lamp) and I don't really know what I'm supposed to be looking at, or for, in the shot.

well with the exposure time that he has you would expect that for the people... i guess he'll tune in eventually

The highest exposure was 30 seconds, hence why there is ghosting... But since I wanted it to look painted the blur was needed to achieve this. My mother had bought a painting of the river walk and I wanted to some what capture the same effect as the painting did... Thanks a bunch for the critiques... It's always nice to hear the good and the bad.

taknbyd
Since you seem able to get around with PP, I would be interested to see this same photo with the modern building in the backround and the lamp in the foreground removed.

I like it otherwise.

Also, I like the night lighting of the modern building. Maybe there is a way to shoot that building alone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back