Sabine's Confirmation Day

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by LaFoto, Apr 25, 2007.

1. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It was Sabine's Confirmation Day on Sunday (22 April), which is a very special day. While she was never willing to be really posed for any photo (by her mother, she allowed the group photographer to pose her, though), I feel I got some nice candids, some of which, however, I had to "dreamify" to veil the mild technical flaws they had :oops:. Hope you don't mind.

Some pics taken by a proud mother :blulsh2:...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These two were taken early in the morning when the entire group gathered to get their group photo taken - before it was taken.

[​IMG]
    A zoom-in into the group when she was already sat on her place by the official photographer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    At the reception after the service - and by then the weather had become so wonderful that it was no longer good for any portraits! Lots of sunshine = lots of shadows. But I like the shadows of her ringlets in 4 ;).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A little spontaneous series taken while we were seated in the restaurant, so nothing staged and posed here, either, and 6 actually had gone all wrong, exposurewise, and is an attempt at rescuing that one. Don't know if it is worth it, though...

Of course I took many more pics, and so did my brother and my sister, respectively, so the day is pretty well covered, but for the moment I mean to only post these.

I have to work on the pics of the inauguration of a company - so I cannot post too much these days. But I felt like sharing these.

2. cumi

cumi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Gratulations to Sabine and to proud mother!

Nice series. I really like how did you controlled the shadows. You used a fill-flash very nicely, I guess. The post processing is also very nice for me. Unfortunetly, #1, #2, #4 seems to be too tightly cropped (parts of shoulder cropped away). I do also the same mistake, I try to zoom in as much as possible, and I notice this only later on PC. So better leave zoom a bit out, you can crop it later in PS...

#5 is my absulute fav...

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    She looks so grown up! :shock: A very beautiful young lady, indeed. I guess I am used to thinking of her as a young girl swimming, swimming, swimming, so it is quite different to see her dressed up and looking so mature. No wonder you are proud of her. :)

A very nice series!

4. PNA

PNA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    She's gorgous.....I assuming from your comments and others that she's your daughter.;)

Nice series......

5. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Corinna, I've always thought Sabine looked older than she is, but she REALLY look older than she is here! You have a very beautiful daughter! She looks wonderful in these pictures!

6. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Will phone you when I need her as a model ;)

something strange going on in #6 .. can see lots of green blotches in the lower part of the image on her skin. especially around her lips and neck.

guess you brightened that part up a lot? if so, then the colour went amok in that process.

7. Tangerini

Tangerini TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    She's lovely! This is such a nice series :) Thank you for sharing this special day.

8. blatalllic

blatalllic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Number 5 is my fav!!!!

9. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Awww :lovey: thank you :goodvibe:
    I am a bit biased as to this model, yes, I admit :oops:... and Paul, you are right: she is my daughter.

And she is not always made up like this, mind you!
    This was a very special occasion!

And Alex: Photo 6 ---> it actually is a total blooper, totally underexposed, and this was my attempt to rescue it but I fear it might be beyond rescue... :blulsh2:

10. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    She is such a lovely young woman! I can't believe how much she has changed since the time I began to know her through your photos. #2 & 5 are my favorites from this series.

11. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The second one is amazing! She looks more like a 28 year old!

12. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My Hamburg friend Kirsten (here on TPF as "hamburger") said to me she felt Sabine looked like 25 in the second (I e-mailed her Photos 1 and 2), and now you even say 28, Brittany, which would make her twice as old as she is ... but let me assure you that as of Sunday night when she undid her hair she is back to her normal 14-year-old self :D!

But the hair-do was among our (her parents) special gifts for that day and she had long looked forward to getting her hair done like this for this once and did feel quite special then, too. Well, it was HER day!