Sabine's Confirmation Day

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was Sabine's Confirmation Day on Sunday (22 April), which is a very special day. While she was never willing to be really posed for any photo (by her mother, she allowed the group photographer to pose her, though), I feel I got some nice candids, some of which, however, I had to "dreamify" to veil the mild technical flaws they had :oops:. Hope you don't mind.

Some pics taken by a proud mother :blulsh2:...

003adreamifiedsmall.jpg

004adreamifiedsmall.jpg

These two were taken early in the morning when the entire group gathered to get their group photo taken - before it was taken.

011small.jpg

A zoom-in into the group when she was already sat on her place by the official photographer

044small.jpg

071adreamifiedsmall.jpg

At the reception after the service - and by then the weather had become so wonderful that it was no longer good for any portraits! Lots of sunshine = lots of shadows. But I like the shadows of her ringlets in 4 ;).

085fdreamifiedsmall.jpg

086fdreamifieddesatsmall.jpg

087fdreamifiedsmall.jpg

A little spontaneous series taken while we were seated in the restaurant, so nothing staged and posed here, either, and 6 actually had gone all wrong, exposurewise, and is an attempt at rescuing that one. Don't know if it is worth it, though...

Of course I took many more pics, and so did my brother and my sister, respectively, so the day is pretty well covered, but for the moment I mean to only post these.

I have to work on the pics of the inauguration of a company - so I cannot post too much these days. But I felt like sharing these.

Gratulations to Sabine and to proud mother!

Nice series. I really like how did you controlled the shadows. You used a fill-flash very nicely, I guess. The post processing is also very nice for me. Unfortunetly, #1, #2, #4 seems to be too tightly cropped (parts of shoulder cropped away). I do also the same mistake, I try to zoom in as much as possible, and I notice this only later on PC. So better leave zoom a bit out, you can crop it later in PS...

#5 is my absulute fav...

She looks so grown up! :shock: A very beautiful young lady, indeed. I guess I am used to thinking of her as a young girl swimming, swimming, swimming, so it is quite different to see her dressed up and looking so mature. No wonder you are proud of her. :)

A very nice series!

She's gorgous.....I assuming from your comments and others that she's your daughter.;)

Nice series......

Corinna, I've always thought Sabine looked older than she is, but she REALLY look older than she is here! You have a very beautiful daughter! She looks wonderful in these pictures!

Will phone you when I need her as a model ;)

something strange going on in #6 .. can see lots of green blotches in the lower part of the image on her skin. especially around her lips and neck.

guess you brightened that part up a lot? if so, then the colour went amok in that process.

She's lovely! This is such a nice series :) Thank you for sharing this special day.

Number 5 is my fav!!!!

Awww :lovey: thank you :goodvibe:
I am a bit biased as to this model, yes, I admit :oops:... and Paul, you are right: she is my daughter.

And she is not always made up like this, mind you!
This was a very special occasion!

And Alex: Photo 6 ---> it actually is a total blooper, totally underexposed, and this was my attempt to rescue it but I fear it might be beyond rescue... :blulsh2:

She is such a lovely young woman! I can't believe how much she has changed since the time I began to know her through your photos. #2 & 5 are my favorites from this series.

My Hamburg friend Kirsten (here on TPF as "hamburger") said to me she felt Sabine looked like 25 in the second (I e-mailed her Photos 1 and 2), and now you even say 28, Brittany, which would make her twice as old as she is ... but let me assure you that as of Sunday night when she undid her hair she is back to her normal 14-year-old self :D!

But the hair-do was among our (her parents) special gifts for that day and she had long looked forward to getting her hair done like this for this once and did feel quite special then, too. Well, it was HER day!

It is a shame I hadn't commented earlier on this. I ahd started to write it but I couldn't phrase it without sounding completely cheesy. But I was going to specifically note that her hair is gorgeous! I have for the past month or so been looking for a way to do my hair for my graduation in one month (ugh, so far?), and when I saw hers it was just a *gasp* moment.

So yes, thank you for the inspiration :)

So does that mean she has completed this school year. (I assume confirmation day is in accordance to teh end of school. My apologies if I am completely off the mark here) If so, congratulations Sabine!

Brittany, no, Confirmation Day has got nothing to do with school.
It is a church thing.
We belong to the Lutheran church and my children got christened as babies.
So when they turn 14, they can decide if they want to confirm this vow we placed in their stead when they were too little to know or not. So for two years this group met in class once a week in the afternoon to learn all about church, rituals, foundations of Christian belief etc. and on this day say they want to stay with it all.

Several months ago, Sabine asked me if she could have her hair extra nice for the occasion and I said to her to discuss this with the hairdresser. She said, well, look for some nice hairstyle you like and I tell you if it can be done. Sabine found this hair-do in the internet somewhere, printed that photo and the hairdresser said "OK, can do!". In order to master Sabine's natural curls, she suggested to give her a coloration in her own haircolour (ok, one step below), so that had been done, and a cut, 5 days before the event, and last week on Sunday, the hairdresser came to her parlour at 7 in the morning to do Sabine's hair. (It was a costly thing all in all, believe me! :shock: )

Very, good looking model. I like shot four the best. It seems sharper than the rest.

Most reactions

Back