Sad child

Brienicole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot while waiting in line at the ride .. and it was so intreguing to me and i dont know why. it is my son.. its just so emotional or lack there of.. what would you do with this shot..
samstare.jpg

It does do something for me :) It has a nice mood. My CC is remember your rule of thirds (aim not to center your subject) and also it looks a bit over exposed. If you could post your settings, that would be helpful?

agree on the rule of thirds,..here is the original.. without any photoshoping. it wasnt as effective to me.. so perhaps thats where you see the over exposure.. i want a dramatic effect! kwim not to mention out of focus.. it was an accidental shot
DSC_0122.jpg

I feel that in your conversion you lost way too much of all the detail there actually is in his face ... so while I am not dead-set against a conversion, I think it should be done so that his coat does not become all black and his face does not become mostly white with black eyes and mouth, if you see what I mean? (I am exaggerting a bit). And the given frame offers quite a bit of room for some cropping - on the right and from the top. Give it a try and see how it feels for you.

Okay hows this.. and anyone feel free to ajust! In the first one i was going to a dagon effect..
samfix.jpg

looks nice in b/w but itseems very really grey... although it does look like it has pure blacks and pur whites. maybe im just imagining things. but i do like this picture, the way that his head is positioned and the look on his face is perfect. good work!

Most reactions

Back