Sadder than any movie I've ever seen...

Heh I was meaning kids - it's rather like Disney but without the musicals and the fact that some go a little further ( Princess Mononoke has gushing blood and such though not to the level of something like Kill Bill and Grave of the Fireflies is probably the most adult with its storyline) whilst other titles bridge the adult/child gap very well (I would say something like Castle in the Sky or Naussica) and then there are those are are more for the youger but which older generations can still enjoy ( eg the Cat Returns )

And you know hearing that about you surprises me - I never thought of you as one who would have done that kind of work in photography.

And you know hearing that about you surprises me - I never thought of you as one who would have done that kind of work in photography.

Why?

I realize that I don't mention that part of my career every time I post but I have talked about it often enough so, I'm surprised that it is news to you. But then again, there are an awful lot of threads here. :lol:

So, what did you thing I had done or do?

Heh yah there is a lot of stuff here - very easy to miss and also forget things that are said (I even sometimes forget threads that I've stuck here esp when nobody says anything in them ;)). Still whilst I honestly didn't have any strong feelings as to what you are or did I did feel that you came from a more arty background than in the field direction. Though I have dim recollections of you mentioning your time in the reporting side of work.
Though of course I recognise that people come from many different backgrounds rather than just one single place (least most of the time these days)

Tbh, I think I talk more of the artsy side of photo than the commercial aspect of it because it is what interests me more these days. These days meaning since I left PJ work. Lol.

My background is fooked up from the get go and it just stayed that way. I grew up surrounded by artists because my parents had an interest in creative people. But I also grew up in the military... Moving around to wonderful countries but not always under the best of circumstances.

My PJ work btw was strictly war and riots. Never shot any other kind of newsy things. Although I did shoot weddings in a PJ kind of way...

Now, my first paragraph is extremely funny considering I am opening a big commercial studio in a few months :lmao:

Don't ask...

Well commercial pays the bills. But then you can have artsy commercial too.

Well commercial pays the bills. But then you can have artsy commercial too.

You are absolutely right with the first part.

As far as the second part is concerned I beg to differ. Artsy commercial is there but it is not usually the photog's artsy ideas. At least not until you get to be a fairly big name photog. :grumpy:

Hey Cloud ever get round to watching that film yet?

I know I'm a bit late with this response but...
Grave of the Fireflies is the second movie I have every cried during/ at the end of. Excellent film.

Oh and for the record - saddest film I have ever seen - Grave of the Fireflies by studio Ghibli. Seriously a very emotional film

I agree... I watched that movie and was screwed up for two days afterward. Another really depressing (but excellent) movie is Requiem for a Dream.

On-topic, I can't watch that video. I just recently (November 2008) had to put down one of my dogs and it absolutely killed me. I'd had him since I was ten or 11, so basically half my life. Watching the soul escape from his eyes was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back