Safari Park shots

MG TF 135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Never really photographed animals before so a day out at the safari park was a steep learning curve. I soon found out that you gotta be ready all of the time for the perfect shot. Here are 5 of my fave's. Critique welcomed........
IMG_2195resize.jpg

IMG_2234resize.jpg

IMG_2246resize.jpg

IMG_2257resize.jpg

IMG_2259resize.jpg

Thanks for looking :mrgreen:

You did well. I'm interested/surprised at the low pov on the lion shot...how did you manage that?

Both your wolf pics are great! Catching him/her while he/she was yawning is an extra bonus. :D Must show these to my daughter, she'll love them and might just ask if she can load them onto our harddrive, maybe? She is in the middle of writing a little fantasy story on the life of a wolf right now, so she is quite "into wolves" :D.

Nice set of shots there, the only critique I can give would be on the Deer shot would be to focus on the face but I know from experence just how difficult that can be as they never stay still.

Lion shot is my favorite

BTW where were they taken?

Antarctican said:
You did well. I'm interested/surprised at the low pov on the lion shot...how did you manage that?
I was quite lucky as he was on a small hill, only about 2 feet hign, but that coupled with me getting as low as possible made the shot.

LaFoto - yes go ahead and download the wolves, as you asked nicely! Photography is a hobby so i don't mind other people using my shots.

And Lostprophet - Longleat. Another awesome day out with the camera. One of the things i really tried to do was avoid cars/people/fences/buildings etc in the background. Being such an attraction it was difficult but my girlfriend did an excellent job driving into good POV's. Oh and by the way the little deer was head up and looking right at me, as i clicked the little blighter dropped its head!!

You did a good job, you did better than what I did the first time I went to the zoo, my favorite is the last one.

Most reactions

Back