Safety while shooting in public

I was a police officer for thirty years. When I retired, I sold my guns.

A. What something costs is immaterial. What matters to a crook is what he can get for it and how easy it is to get rid of. Cameras aren't high on their list. Cash is number one on their list with credit cards number two. Cellphones are easy to get rid of as are laptop computers.

B. When I'm going out late, I try and find a friend to take pictures with me. I usually can't, so I go, mind my own business, and move quite a bit. Late at night, I usually have my tripod with me.

I am more concerned with drunks. Normal people can be irrational and violent nitwits when drunk.

Pepper spray is a good idea, i have actually been considering gettng some since most of the time i do my photographing alone, i also suggest if you have a dog to bring them (if they are well enough behaved though of course) i bring my dog when i go into the country alone, and it helps me feel more secure from other people, and wildlife. As for the downtowns and what not, try to bring a friend, otherwise, keep your equipment out of sight! :)

I have my concealed carry license. :) It keeps me very safe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back