Saguaro In Bloom

MissMia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shotbychristina.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot this on my way home from the Dr today.

InBloom-Saguaro.jpg

C&C always appreciated. Thank you for looking.

Pretty. Low ISO? I like the clouds. Wish we had at least one cloud here.

^^ The clouds are great.

Don't mean to sound pervy, but the cactus in the foreground seems a bit...ummm...phallic and flaccid simultaneously or is it a flaccid phallus. :lmao:

Nice shot. Thanks for sharing.

Abraxas - Thanks. ISO 125. This is the first day we've had clouds in ages.

Kundalini - Only you would see that! :lmao: Thanks.

Well, I wasn't thinking the way kundalini is, like as in "phallic" and all that, but I immediately thought that this cactus is having its eye on you ... that flaccid part looks like it might be following you, staring as you went past. :D Like a cactus with an inbuilt security camera. :D

I just thought it looked like it was giving you a flower.

Nice one, MM!! Very cool to see the cactus blooming like that. The cactus is an odd shape ( :blushing: ). And the clouds poised there like that really add a nice touch

Thanks Anty!

Actually when the arms of the saguaro fall like that it means it is dying. So it is sad to see it like that. The saguaros are 50-75 years old before they sprout their first arm! I imagine that the cactus in the background is 200+ years old.

The saguaros are 50-75 years old before they sprout their first arm! I imagine that the cactus in the background is 200+ years old.
Wow!!!! Interesting fact. And amazing to think the cactus in the shot is that old.
faint.gif

Most reactions

Back