Sailing on the Chesapeak.

just x joey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
joeydsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so, i took this photo today on the bay. I hate sailboats, so does everyone i know (because we ride powerboats haha) but they make nice photos. Take a look, any C&C is welcome.

2559979380_46cd8e0682.jpg

The photo almost looks sepia.... the warm tones... Was the sky hazy? I like how you placed the sun just above the masts. The horizon should be level ( I do that all the time too).

Nice sharp photo. I like that the highlights in the water are not overblown and well under control. This is often a tough exposure to nail correctly.

yeah it was overcast 100degress today. The whole day you couldnt see more then a hudnred feet. Luckily the fog burned off by this photo. i know about the horizon, its hard when your rockin on a boat...

i know about the horizon, its hard when your rockin on a boat...

Heh, tell me about it! Best to shoot a bit wider in that case, if you can, so you can straighten it in post (it'll inevitable crop parts away).

Anyway, I really like it. It's very warm and hazy, and you took care not to blow any of your highlights; keeping detail in the water, ship and sky — very nice exposure. The placement and sails clipping the sun give it a slight feel of movement.

Great job :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back