Sails on the beach

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by tb2, Jun 27, 2006.

1. tb2

tb2 TPF Noob!

Small sail boats lined up on the beach ready for a training session. I liked the black and white version best for the extra punch it gave to the sails against the bright surroundings.

Tony

Reposted this image following nitefly's experience. Hope it hasn't doubled it for anyone.

[​IMG]

2. PNA

PNA TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Nice in B&W, has a good overall effect.....Just a bit too much sky, perhaps cutting out the boat on the right and cropping down the sky. Only a suggestion. I happen to be a rag-man myself.

3. nitefly

nitefly TPF Noob!

Not loading for me, and you haven't posted the URL to your site like you usually do :p

4. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the pic. You had some nice cloud action that day and I agree that the b/w works well. Great job.

5. tb2

tb2 TPF Noob!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sorry about the blog url - I forgot! Here it is:
    http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Sorry its not loading nitefly. I've seen it load at work and home so it may be something upstream of you that's getting in the way.

I was going for a bottom heavy compo on this one. I tried a few crops - less sky, losing the boat on the right, but came back to this!

Regards, Tony

6. nitefly

nitefly TPF Noob!

Still not loading in your post but just looked on your blog and I like it! The sky looks ace!

7. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I must have missed the colour version of this one, but I can say that I do love your conversion here and it is true: the dark sails against this gorgeous - and also a lot lighter - sky do stand out remarkably well here.

8. guitarkid

guitarkid TPF Noob!

i really like this shot however i feel it is not the right feel for B&W, my opinion. The sky and water were beautiful that day. what if you kept the sky blue and added a VERY SLIGHT tint of pink or purple to the sky only, and making the water a nice DEEP BLUE....keep the rest black and white (maybe make the sand a sepia tone.) that sounds like a cool photo then to me.....it could draw out so much more i feel. it is nice but i think it has so much more potential in the art arena.