Salamancas East Station

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Salamancas East Rail Station, I have to go out and reshoot this or get a good neg scanner. Like an idiot I shot this full frame and did not leave any room for standard darkroom developing and they cut off the end of the building when they developed it. I'll edit in the results of witchever happens first.

But for now I'll rest assured that I look like a bonafied newbie

0005.jpg

0007.jpg

0003.jpg

*EDIT* rescanned and insearted

Aside from the cropping issues, they looks pixelated, maybe too high of an ISO?? I like the shots though.

This is a very beautiful station building! I quite like it!
Despite the flaws you detected yourself (slightly crooked scan) ... did you do anything to the prints after scanning (or are you having the lab create a CD for you along with developing the film?). What film do you use, and did you write down your settings? Particularly the first looks like the sun was too bright and the dynamics too large for camera/film to capture all. The sky and grass in amongst the railway line are so blown... yet you needed that light to bring out the shadowed platform... :scratch: Hard task!

This is a very beautiful station building! I quite like it!
Despite the flaws you detected yourself (slightly crooked scan) ... did you do anything to the prints after scanning (or are you having the lab create a CD for you along with developing the film?). What film do you use, and did you write down your settings? Particularly the first looks like the sun was too bright and the dynamics too large for camera/film to capture all. The sky and grass in amongst the railway line are so blown... yet you needed that light to bring out the shadowed platform... :scratch: Hard task!

Yes, the usual attempt to compensate the color loss from the scanner and a slight sharpening, I don't think the sharpining was necessary now, but that might explain the pixelation Jaymz77 noted.

No, I will not have the lab create a CD wile developing. The reason for this is the CD is only available threw the program where the lab goes threw and fixes falws (I.E. the blown skies, over dark arias...ETC). Firstly, I am a Firm believer that "I can not fix it, If I don't know it's broken", If they are correcting my errors I am less likely to fix them and not continue making the same mistake. Secondly, I don't trust their compensating at all, The morons who did these last two attempted to compensate on a couple images out of the previous roll and sucked out all the black and killed the contrast completely and with several night shots and one backlighting shot comming out grey and fuzzy despite the neg indicating jet black, I was a little pissed.

Sadly, I lost the log book I was using at the time. It was just a small spiral note book I kept in my breast pocket, so the documenting is gone. I have a new one now and it is better than the last so...

Hopefully before long I am not going to have to dick around with scanning prints like this as I did purchasse a neg scanner this morning but that is going to take some time for delivery so...

Got my negitive scanner working, I have not had the time to scan all of them or do much PP on them but this is what the negs said I did get to should look like.

These where somewhat rushed but... The white line visable was supposed to be a croping mark but I woopsed, that's Ok I gotta get a new can of air and get them clean for a rescan but, these where bothering me that badly.

eaststation3.jpg

eaststation2.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!
The negative scanner has arrived! COOL! :D I am happy for you.
It works fine and we get to see much better quality (digitalised) pics than we did with the scanned prints! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!
The negative scanner has arrived! COOL! :D I am happy for you.
It works fine and we get to see much better quality (digitalised) pics than we did with the scanned prints! :D

starting monday I will be going threw all my negs and finding everything I have taken and scanning it, I realize now just how far off the negitive my prints are comming back to me are.

Bump

I got these rescanned, sitll a strey hair here and there but I'm learnin

Most reactions

Back