Salisbury Cathedral in color

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Salisbury Cathedral in Salisbury, England. It's a beautiful city to visit. Very pretty landscapes and architecture. The Salisbury Cathedral is located right in the heart of the town. It was too bad it was under restoration (like almost every historical building during our trip :048:) But beautiful none the less.

My other post of a B&W image of the spire can be found here:
Salisbury Cathedral

D800, 20mm f/1.8 @ f/6.3, 20mm, 1/640, ISO100 (back lit like a mo-fo but gotta love that DR of the D800)

Last edited:
After 700-odd years, it is time it was spruced up a bit. Come back in a century or so, it will be in all its glory.

Impressed you managed to get the entire Cathedral in the shot without distortion.

This is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Outta' town, that's gorgeous!
Unbelieveable detail for a back lit building!!
Thanks! I do love how much detail can be pulled out of the shadows with modern digital images.

After 700-odd years, it is time it was spruced up a bit. Come back in a century or so, it will be in all its glory.

Impressed you managed to get the entire Cathedral in the shot without distortion.
Thanks, it did require quite a bit of perspective correction. Too bad I'll be nothing but dust by then..

This is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!

Edit out the scaffolding and you'll have a decent shot.

Edit out the scaffolding and you'll have a decent shot.
If your cloning skills are better than mine, I invite you to give it a go! The reality is there's too much scaffolding to edit out as there won't be enough building detail in that area remaining to copy. Of course I wish it wasn't there to begin with, but now-a-days many of the worlds icons are under restoration (which they are in need of..) A large number of the places we visited were under decades long restoration plans extending well into the next several decades, so likelihood is many of these places will be under restoration throughout my lifetime... I wish that weren't the case, but such is my luck with the generation I will have lived!

Lovely shot. Regarding the scaffolding, it acts as a documentary reference and should, in my opinion, be left alone.

Lovely shot. Regarding the scaffolding, it acts as a documentary reference and should, in my opinion, be left alone.
Thanks! I was of the same opinion. It kind of marks a point in history of the building. That's also why it didn't dissuade me from taking the shot.

I agree; the scaffolding tells a story. I have a snapshot of the US Capitol with the fairly recent scaffolding. But, one of my long-time friends was on that renovation job, so it's fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back