Salon Photo's

Naturallyred

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I will be doing some photo's for a local salon tomorrow at noon. Is there anything I should know before I do this? Some quick tips or any kind of input would be grand! It's a small salon and the owner needs photo's for the yellow pages(phone book) and also want's some for her website. She said she will have some girls there cutting hair and want's photo's of them "in action" So far all I am bringing is my camera(of course) a Flash for the hotshoe, and a strobe studio light. I'll be there for 2 hours. I want to make sure I don't miss anything. Help! :) has anyone done photo's for a salon here? Feel free to show me the photo's!

Excellent! Thank you! I will be taking more light's and maybe set up a mini studio like you did...depending on if there is room.

Be careful about the background being too busy. You want a strong statement and do not want it lost in any 'noise'. If you decide on an environmental shot, have a kicker to give you some separation and use your best 'Bokeh" lens.

You might also want to look through the yellow pages ahead of time to see what you feel to be the strongest ads and work from there.

One thing I forgot to mention is really make sure that they don't blend into the background. I didn't have a backlight or anything so a handful of peoples hair vanished into the background. For other shoots this could be acceptable but you really want to be able to see the hair since that is what it's all about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back