Salt on the Rocks C&C

AlexGray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
5400_101125893235606_100000145862560_31710_5597171_n.jpg

5400_101125043235691_100000145862560_31683_1118830_n.jpg

#2 does nothing for me but i'm captivated by #1, beautiful.

#1 is ok, you should play around with your white balance settings to get rid of that ugly yellow.

#1 is a more interesting shot of the two.

You could have made #2 more interesting by getting closer to the edge of the water and filling the frame with more of the breakwater and waves and have less open space.

#1 is a more interesting shot of the two.

You could have made #2 more interesting by getting closer to the edge of the water and filling the frame with more of the breakwater and waves and have less open space.
Thanks! The only reason i didnt do that is that there is like a 3 foot drop to those rocks and theyre slippery haha. Didnt wanna fall in. Oh well, maybe next time!

#2 does nothing for me but i'm captivated by #1, beautiful.
:mrgreen: THANKYOU! Someon likes my shots haha

no worries, sorry i couldn't be much help as i am only new to photography. i love the eiriness of the water, very nice.

Just because you're new to Photography doesn't mean you can't have an opinion. While opinions in terms of technical issues may be lacking, aesthetics are equally as important- and anybody can talk about composition being pleasing or not to the eye!

I love the first one, lot's of lines, but shot in an interesting way.

:mrgreen: THANKYOU! Someon likes my shots haha

no worries, sorry i couldn't be much help as i am only new to photography. i love the eiriness of the water, very nice.

Just because you're new to Photography doesn't mean you can't have an opinion. While opinions in terms of technical issues may be lacking, aesthetics are equally as important- and anybody can talk about composition being pleasing or not to the eye!

I love the first one, lot's of lines, but shot in an interesting way.

Thanks :) This is the first shot ive put up on here that people have actually said they liked im well excited haha

Yeah I was going to say that as well, not sure if it's "what you were going for" but it looks like your white balance could use some correcting.

Any way i could corrct the balance?

If you shot in RAW their is actually an option for selecting/changing your white balance when you open it in photoshop. That's the main way I know how.

If you didn't you can try and mess with the colour hue to get it a more neutral tone. I'm not TOO keen on if that's the best way to go about it since I usually use the RAW processor, so perhaps someone else can shed some light.

If you shot in RAW their is actually an option for selecting/changing your white balance when you open it in photoshop. That's the main way I know how.

If you didn't you can try and mess with the colour hue to get it a more neutral tone. I'm not TOO keen on if that's the best way to go about it since I usually use the RAW processor, so perhaps someone else can shed some light.
Ive been hearing a lot about RAW. Can you point me in a direction to read up on it, because Id like to get to the level where i can sell some of my photos, and i know A lot of people who would be like Oh wow! And buy some of my shots, but on here people more or less say they suck haha. Id feel guilty if i was selling poor shots. So if RAW gives more control maybe i could start to learn about that? Because im artsy with teh pictures and composition, its just all the other stuff that people dont like i think

Most reactions

Back