Salutations from the North

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings All!

I am really impressed with the caliber of photos I have been viewing and the good nature of all the people here. I thought this is such a fantastic place that I just have to become a member. Well it's high time I introduced myself so I thought I would start with a little history.

Ever since I can remember I have always been fascinated with photographs. As a child I would spend hours in the library just looking at the pictures in National Geographic over and over again(not just the nudies either). Well I still have ummm some would say an unhealthy appetite for viewing pictures (not just the nudies either). :wink:

A couple of months ago I bought a digital camera (Cannon A80 Sureshot), I also have a 35mm camera of course. What I like about the digital is the immediate viewing of pictures. What I do not like is pictures cannot be blown up as large and the length of time it takes me to set up a shot. I live in Northern Ontario Canada and I am not sure how this digital camera will hold up to -40 degrees Celsius and for you Americans -40 degrees Fahrenheit and sometimes colder.

At this point in time I am quite the newbie as I am just starting to get a handle on digital images and the internet. :scratch:

What I appreciate about this forum is it appears that there are others out there with unhealthy, time wasting picture viewing obsessions also. All in all there does not seem to be many of us out there, so I guess that makes us special.

Cheers and Happy Hunting

Welcome!! Great to have another photo obsessed person aboard.

Ive never really done this but.
Helluuuuu welcome to the great forum, if yah need some help with something, dont hesitate to ask moi :).

KeeP CooL! :D

Keep on cruisin' Cruzin and welcome aboard!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back