Same bridge, new shot.

digital_blue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, I didn't really intend on it, but I ended up back at the same bridge as my last outing, but this time on the other side of it. I kinda liked the way this turned out, but again, I'm new to all this and I'm always interested in any feedback or suggestions from some of you pros out there. I still seem to have the dark spot showing up on the left near the top, so it's confirmed, it's time for a cleaning.

This time I was out with a friend who just bought his first dSLR yesterday. Kinda nice not being the n00b. ;)

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think... Would this have been a better shot if I had not had him in it? I sort of liked the shot with him in it, but as far as "good photography" goes, I've still got much to learn.

bridge_dan021306_s.jpg

Another great exposure!
I don't find the person as annoying as I do the rail in front of him. I know that you couldn't move the rail. He has good placement in the frame, but because of silhouette my eye just keeps following that rail out of the shot instead of into it.

It's hard to say, but from what I see here, it looks like your best vantage point would have been right up against that railing.

Thanks for the feedback woodsac!

Does this make it any better? Or do I lose something with this kind of editing?

bridge_dan_edited_s.jpg

I personally feel like that edit greatly improves the shot. I'm sure it's just personal, but that rail just really bugged me? Your ps could use a tiny bit of touch up, but it's barely noticeable. Good job!

Thanks again!

The ps work was just a quick rough shot at it, and I was editing my already shrunken image. I'll have to touch up the original and remove the rail to see the final product.

I just get a little uneasy with doing these kind of significant edits to a photo. I'm never sure where to draw the line. On one hand, I'd kind of like the photo to be reasonably close to what my camera saw, but then again, if the end result is a better shot I guess there's no harm done.

So much to learn.....

Thanks again for your help and kind words woodsac! I'm still open to any other feedback anyone would like to throw in.

db

Most reactions

Back