Same exposure on all photos ?

alecu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I have a problem with my exposure.

My equipment is Nikon D40x with 18-55mm lens.
Camera is on a very rigid tripod and the distance to the subject is fixed. This way I know exactly what scale to use when I import the photo into my PC. Camera is controlled by [ Camera Control Pro Software ]

The pictures are taken inside a warehouse using the available artificial lighting.

The subject is a metallic frame on which I set different sizes cardboards. The actual cardboards have always the same color but because of different sizes I get different colors for them.

How can I keep the same exposure (at least this is what I think I need) for all the cardboards. Basically I need that all cardboards the have the same original color regardless of the size.

Thank you,
Alecu

im not a nikon user, but on the canon there are modes like shutter speed control, aperture control, things like that. try using those to manually make sure the exposure is always what you want

I'm not really sure what you're asking, and don't know what you know about using your camera, but it sounds like you should try using all manual settings, including white balance.

I think what you need to adjust is your white-balance rather than your exposure. Unless the cardboard varies greatly in size, the exposures should be the same for all, but depending on the number and intensity of lighting, and the colour of the cardboard, white-balance will vary. I believe you can create a custom WB for the D40, so if that's the case, I'd invest in an Expo-disc

I think what you need to adjust is your white-balance rather than your exposure. Unless the cardboard varies greatly in size, the exposures should be the same for all, but depending on the number and intensity of lighting, and the colour of the cardboard, white-balance will vary. I believe you can create a custom WB for the D40, so if that's the case, I'd invest in an Expo-disc
This must be it. White Balance. It is set on Auto but I have a setting called: Preset Measure. I think if I use 1 cardboard to read wb from it and save it under preset measure, it should work with all future pictures.

I'll try this. Thanks,
Alecu

Most reactions

Back