Samsung NX Series?

swoosh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still looking to buy my first camera. The FujiX100 is still the camera I'm in love with but it seems as though it's probably going to be out of my price range. I cam across the Samsung NX1000 the other day in GQ and really liked the look. It seems to get pretty solid reviews too and the price is reasonable.

I know Samsung isn't known as a top camera brand, but what are your thoughts on the Samsung NX series and Samsung in general?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I've been checking out the NX300, the best so far of the NX series. Reasonably priced, too. The only thing is....no viewfinder.

The NX300 looks ok I guess but I would rather go with a Nikon D3200
If forced to choose mirrorless I think I would go with a Sony or Olympus.
Nothing against the Samsung but that's where I would put my money.

I debated and researched heavily between a DSLR like the Canon SL1 or T5i versus something like a mirrorless ILC, like the NX300. Well, I made my decision and my NX300 arrived the other day. I'm not an experienced photographer, I'm quite the noob, but I went through every review site, looked at youtube, vimeo, and other blogs or what not... coupled that info with the test shots I've taken so far, I'm REALLY liking my decision. I don't have buyer's remorse what so ever. I think it's a good bargain, especially getting it bundled with LR4. I think it's one of the most innovative products I've owned so far. Plus, with registering the camera for warranty, Sammy threw in an extra 3 months on the warranty (15 months total) so I have a little extra piece of mind. I have a Samsung GS4, Note 10.1, and numerous TV's -- not one issue with my Sammy products. I have confidence that they know what they're doing in terms of electronics -- albeit new to the photography arena. they just have too much R & D muscle to throw bogus gadgets out there. Bottom line, I like my NX300.

Last edited:
I debated the mirrorless cameras for a while. You see, I used to have a DSLR (after having many SLRs). I got sick of the bulk, sold it, and got a bridge camera. I was perfectly happy to ignore the downfalls to have a smaller camera that was more manageable. But eventually, I needed the quality and control back and started looking into DSLRs again. Then I found mirrorless. What sealed the deal was the ability to use old lenses without sacrificing quality (mirrorless cameras don't need that extra piece of glass in the adapter)

I went with the NX1000. I looked into the NX300, and it is a better camera, but not "better enough" for me to spend the extra money. Mainly because that would mean an extra couple months saving up. I also bought used, because that way, if I hate it, I can recoup all or nearly all of my cost by selling it. I also bought a fd lens to nx camera adapter for $15.

I don't have it yet, it arrives tomorrow.

I got my camera yesterday, I was not impressed initially. I love how it takes pictures, starts fast, good response, but the wifi wouldn't work except to email. The pictures looked sharp in the viewfinder, but when emailed to my sister's computer, they were blurry. I updated the firmware (hadn't done that before but it was quick and painless), that fixed the wifi issue. Took some more pictures, uploaded to facebook, they looked like crap! Finally thought to just download them directly to the computer, old school style, lol. And they look fine. So they don't like flying through cyberspace, it seems.

A couple test shots with my canon FD 50mm 1.8. I put it in aperture priority, set at 1.8.

12399325374_71f3b9062b_c.jpg

12398873915_28c3c6c136_c.jpg

Attachments

• $12399325374_71f3b9062b_c.jpg
    $12399325374_71f3b9062b_c.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 373
I love the Cat, I just bought the Nx2000 for the touchscreen with the two lenses 16mm f2.4 and 20-50mm f3.5-5.6 the 16mm costs £350 when bought seperetly and is just plastic with no IS, Samsung must be crazy.

Dont like the microsd card idea though, have you figured a way to bounce the add-on flash yet.

John.

$SAM_0263crop.jpg I think the NX300 has some of the fastest auto focus and shot to shot times out there. Much faster than the Sony NEX6, which I liked also. I like the picture quality from the NX300 also. This shot was taken with the 20-50mm lens, handheld, f5.6, 45mm, 1/1250 sec ISO 1600.

A guy I know who is a great photographer bought an nx300 as a sidekick to a Nikon d700 and now rarely uses the Nikon

The NX300 is a nice camera I just could not get used to not having a VF for shooting in bright sunlight..........

I've had my NX300 for a few months now. At first I was thinking the lack of a OVF/EVF would bother me, but I love how the camera performs so much it didn't bother me enough. I got used to it and I pretty much confirmed it shooting with it on a very bright sunny day at Luke Air Force Base where I snapped some shots... here are a few from my NX300. I'm still a newb to photography, BTW.

$uploadfromtaptalk1397761184667.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1397761216045.jpg

And a shot taken in Sedona.

$uploadfromtaptalk1397761259134.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back