Samyang 8mm f/3.8 - or f/3.5?

Well, just because you don't care for it doesn't mean it should be universally condemned.

@480sparky , you seem to be the expert on these lenses. Would there be a reason to choose one over the other if they are all made by samyang? It seems like the vivitar version is cheaper, at least for Nikon

I'm far from an expert on the subject.

But I do know that the same lens is sometimes sold under various brand names, such as Vivitar, Samyang, ProOptic, Bower, Opteka, Bell & Howell, Rokinon, Falcon and Walimex

Fish-eyes are very common to use for vids.

Used correctly, they're the right tool for the job.... just like any other lens.

Incredible Timelapse Video of the Night Sky Recorded Using a Fisheye Lens Colossal

Thats pretty much what I'm gonna do with it when I get it :)

Do you guys have any recommendations concerning video-lightning and a stabilizer ?
Been looking at these:

xgrip - cheap plastic stabilizer with mount for lightning.
Amazon.com Opteka X-GRIP Professional Camera Camcorder Action Stabilizing Handle- Black Professional Video Stabilizers Camera Photo

NEEWER 160LED
Amazon.com NEEWER 160 LED CN-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera Camcorder Video Light LED Light for Canon Nikon Pentax Panasonic SONY Samsung and Olympus Digital SLR Cameras On Camera Video Lights Camera Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No experience with either, but you can also stabilize in post as well. Check out proDRENALIN. It can also 'de-fish' video.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back