San Elijo Lagoon at dusk + cliff exploration

xzyragon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friends and I wanted to check out a quasi-cave system near the San Elijo lagoon. We ended up getting lost, and had to hike down 200ft - 300ft of a steep wash to find the caves and bottom of the cliffs, and then hike back up to get out, all via the light of our phones.

Anyways, I obviously had my camera with me, and ended up snapping these.

IMG_6168 by christophercoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_6160 by christophercoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_6158 by christophercoxphoto, on Flickr

I like the first one

I like the first one also. The other two just don't do anything for me.
I sure hope that you and your friends have learned to make sure you are better prepared before you try something like this again. Headlamps and some basic safety gear really don't cost much, if anything they are a lot cheaper than paying for search and rescue.

I like the first one also. The other two just don't do anything for me.
I sure hope that you and your friends have learned to make sure you are better prepared before you try something like this again. Headlamps and some basic safety gear really don't cost much, if anything they are a lot cheaper than paying for search and rescue.

we weren't too worried because the lights on our phones were more than sufficient and we're all rock climbers anyway. But the first one was by far my favorite. I just need to find a location that's significantly closer to the freeway with some cool surrounding scenery

Most reactions

New Topics

Back