San Fran 1- The Color Holgas

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by oriecat, Sep 4, 2004.

1. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Just picked up the Fuji from the lab. Wasn't optimistic about what I would get, due to the rolling problem I had with the paper being too wide. The roll of 400 I shot on Alcatraz, which I had pushed to 800 since it got darker than I thought it would, well I got nothing. Giant leak across the entire thing. She said they were still going to try and get something from the first frame, as it wasn't so bad, but I looked at it and could tell there wasn't much there, so I said don't worry about it.

The roll of 800, I got 10 prints back. 4 of them are pretty dark, so I am not scanning them. Here are the others. Nothing very exciting. What's really weird... I saw the top one first. I thought I double exposed it, due to the weird dots on the sides. But then I realized that I didn't take pics of anything with dots. Then I looked at the negs and it's more clear... all of the dots and numbers are from the backing paper. I assume when it got exposed to light again due to the poor rolling, the images from the paper got exposed to the film. It's very bizarre.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a couple that actually came out whole!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

Those dots add an interesting abstract look your pictures, orie. That second one works well with the dots in my opinion. I like the grainy tecture and the narrow shape works well along with the dots. The dots actually goes with the balloon look of the 2nd picture. ;) The first 3 actually are interesting but the second one I is the one that stands out for me.

I also like your 4th one due to the color and angle of the shot. So did you confuse some of the locals with your taped up Holga? ;) Some of the Holgas I've seen look like they were just in an explosion. :D

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The dots are weird....but I like 'em. Especially that first shot. This image could hardly be planned, and yet I dig its dreamy quality. :D I also like that 3rd image, as well. Looks like deliberate graphics added. Ha, I love it when so-called mistakes render such unique pieces. :thumbsup:

I really like how the use of color film seems to exaggerate the vignetting in Holgas, it looks kickass in every color image I've seen. I have to try this - just, now I know not to try the Fuji for its odd fit in these cameras. :?

A good first outing with color, Miss Orie. :sillysmi: I like all the city scapes, too!

4. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Neat. I can't WAIT to get my first shots developed! I can't find anywhere around here that will develop it (cuz the rolls I bought are not C-41) so I'm gonna have to find a place online, I guess. Anyone know a place?

5. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Beautiful work!!! I Love reading stories and seeing great shots from film gone bad. Makes me wish I shot film more often.