San Francisco pano (1024x315, 110kb)

EC808

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, all -

My first post and I'm asking for something. Pls forgive me. :blushing:

This photo looks fine (levels-wise) on my monitors at home, but on my monitor at work they look a bit dark. Both work and home monitors are calibrated using Adobe's gamma program found in P-shop. Does this photo look a bit dark to you? Thanks.

ps-I'm a total noob when it comes to photography. Any other critiques woud really be appreciated.

59351915_4871531bb4_b.jpg

i think the water needs some work. The skyline levels are good. But the 2nd quarter from the left where there is the most light produced from the buildings has the darkest water. There's alot of light near the base in that area so the water nearer and going out from there should be lighter as well as an overall lightening.

It's a nice pano though, and is only the water which is dark.

Thanks Daniel. That was quick.

Now that you've mentioned it, that dark spot in the water looks really unnatural. I think I had to darken that part of the picture to make for a better stitch.

Hey, I'm new here too. Love the picture. I think I would work on that seam bit more and also blend the water together. I love SF, where was this taken?

Hi, Digi. Thanks for the comments. This picture was taken from Treasure Island. I'll probably head out there again now that the buildings have their Christmas lights on.

Thanks, elsaspet. It means a lot coming from somone working as a photographer. I've browsed both of your sites, they are quite amazing. I love your PJ work. Photos from the KKK Protest section are especially charged. You definately captured the air of conflict.Have a great weekend!

Thank you for such a sweet comment, BUT there are a ton of super talented people on this forum, many not working as photogs. (One of the most consistantly talented for instance is a high school student ).
There is a great deal of wonderful insight here, so you've come to the right place for sure. Welcome to TPF, you are really going to love it here.
And again, Thanks for the kind words.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back