Sand and flowers

Vtec44

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took one of my Instagram followers to Glamis sand dunes here in So Cal for a shoot. It was a 3.5hrs drive to get there. I ran out of puns and inappropriate jokes 15 minutes into the ride LOL When we got there, oh man it was windy. The sand is so fine and got into EVERYTHING. I was screaming instructions at her because the wind was so loud. We spent probably 30 minutes shooting and called it a day because it was just too much. I shot some Portra 160 and 400 and will probably get those back next Wednesday from my lab. Here are some digital shots.

_D757801.JPG
_D757731.JPG
_D757760.JPG
_D757765.JPG
_D757772.JPG
_D757806.JPG
_D757824.JPG
_D757826.JPG

Last edited:
Those are beautiful!
Is all of your gear okay? I have never been in sand like that, but I know how mean it is!

I love Glamis and also your images. Too bad it was a windy day. There is no escaping the sand under those conditions.
Looking forward to the Portra shots.

Those are beautiful!
Is all of your gear okay? I have never been in sand like that, but I know how mean it is!

Thanks. I think my gear are ok but I'm still finding sand in places a week later. :eek: The old film cameras are not sealed as good as modern cameras so it gets into everything.

Thanks. I think my gear are ok but I'm still finding sand in places a week later. :eek: The old film cameras are not sealed as good as modern cameras so it gets into everything.

That is scary!

That is scary!

Yeah I can feel sand in the focus ring and shutter button of my film camera. My digital on the other hand is easy to clean out all the stuff. I need to bring trash bags and duct tape next time... for the cameras in case that IG fan is reading this. :D

Last edited:
Great images.
Next time you're out for a shoot and it is supposed to be windy, take some leave in conditioner. Spray and comb through the hair. This will cut the fly aways drastically and the model won't complain since you're helping keep her hair healthy. Win, win.

I remember taking my old Canon AE1 to the beach on a windy day many, many moons ago in my dim and distant youth. It worked fine afterwards but for the rest of its life it "crunched" every time I wound the film on.

Very nice shots; worth the drive. :)

Great images.
Next time you're out for a shoot and it is supposed to be windy, take some leave in conditioner. Spray and comb through the hair. This will cut the fly aways drastically and the model won't complain since you're helping keep her hair healthy. Win, win.

I obviously have a lot to learn! hahaha thanks! :D

I remember taking my old Canon AE1 to the beach on a windy day many, many moons ago in my dim and distant youth. It worked fine afterwards but for the rest of its life it "crunched" every time I wound the film on.

Very nice shots; worth the drive. :)

Yeah I'm feeling sand in the focus ring on my Pentax 645 75mm lens :(

I'm glad you left the hair as is. I like the wind in the hair look of these. It gives them movement and makes them more vibrant.

Yeah I can feel sand in the focus ring and shutter buttons of my film camera. My digital on the other hand is easy to clean out all the stuff. I need to bring trash bags and duct tape next time... for the cameras in case my IG fan is reading this. :D

Sounds like it is time to take it apart and clean it. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back