Sandhill crane and baby C&C

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello forum,
There was a family of Sandhills that came to my door. The mom was teaching the young'ins how to get the worms. Thought it was cute and i was able to get real close! I wanted to get the eyes a little more in focus but i love the shot anyways.

4633297052_6f84c95c7a_b.jpg

True and thats important! ty. I tried to get a worm in action but they are fast.

No exif, how far were you from them? That does look pretty close, even at 200mm that would be pretty good. Your right about the eye, I would have liked to see them in focus too. Good try anyway though!

believe it or not it was with a 90mm lens about 2 feet or less. They move around a lot but they are very tame birds here. I was laying in the grass with them. I would go ahead of them as they walked down the strip of grass, picking worms, and let them come to me. cant move to much tho.
I believe i was at F2.8 to make sure the background of houses and cars were blured. as they came in close i couldnt get the whole head in focus. I was set to be a little further away but didnt want to move a lot to change settings. Here is what im talking about. Thought he was going to crack my lens. lol.

Cute but ugly , this was inches away

4633305258_7c76a51f53_b.jpg

4633306952_cf850bd854_b.jpg

Last edited:
very cool! I would love to see the whole beak in focus though and maybe not crop out the tip.

Storm
The last shot is a keeper. Not only the bird, but the backround works well too.

P.S.
Did you have 'bird' for dinner tonight? ;)

Storm
The last shot is a keeper. Not only the bird, but the backround works well too.

P.S.
Did you have 'bird' for dinner tonight? ;)

wow thank you! and lol well i had chicken. idid learn you can get a permit for one a year to hunt. i couldnt imagine!

mmmm... "Ribeye of the Sky"

The first one bothers me... If I didn't know what it was... I wouldn't know what it was.... if that makes sense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back