Sandisk 2GB or Jessops 4GB?

JamieR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I pick my 40D up tomorrow morning, and the money I've scraped together will only allow me to buy one of the following.

Sandisk 2GB
or
Jessops 4GB

Now i know Sandisk is the norm and very reliable, but should i risk going for the Jessops (own shop brand) brand?

I didn't think this through and only realised tonight that i didn't have enough for a memory card, so will upgrade in the near future.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Jamie.

I don't know anything about Jessops, but I really like the Sandisk brand. You can buy two 2GB disks from Best Buy for 10 bucks I think.

Does the Jessops card have a write speed fast enough for your camera? If you have a camera that creates big files and at a high fps then the Jessops card might slow you down if it's not fast enough. But I don't see how it will be any more unreliable than the Sandisk if that's what your worried about. I've never seen a flash card that has just failed or lost it's data (although I'm sure someone will be along to tell you of a story).

Unless you plan on wanting to use high speed shutter often. Or can't wait a little extra to copy files from the card. I say go with the Jessops card. 2gb will fill up faster than you think if your shooting raw or even raw+jpeg. I think the possibility that the Jessops card is slower really wont affect normal shooting situations. I have some ebay no name 4gb cards and cannot tell a difference between them and my 4gb Sandisk extreme 3 cards (D300). For me the extreme fast cards are not necessary for the shooting I do.

I say go with the Jessops, and if in the future you do need an extreme card. Then pick one up then.

Congrats on the new camera.:p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back