Sandisk extreme pro (280 mb/s version) on d7100

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all.
Would the 280 mbs version be better than the 95mbs version or is it even compatable with the d7100?
Thanks

Hi all.
Would the 280 mbs version be better than the 95mbs version or is it even compatable with the d7100?
Thanks

Both those cards are faster than the camera can write to them, so how would someone measure “better”?

Hi all.
Thanks

I don't think you'd see much of any benefit from it. As someone mentioned I think the top end write speed for the actual card slot is something in the neighborhood of 104 mps, so even with a faster card your looking at about the same throughput.

As coasty mentioned, the big sticking point/choke point of the D7100 is the camera's actual write-to-disc mechanism; read the Thom Hogan review...he points out that Nikon is using parts that simply CAN NOT write to storage medium at anything over 45 mb/sec. The camera is fine as a JPEG shooter, or in crop-mode shooting, but it is still limited by **the camera** much more so than the memory card speed. So...I think buying the current good cards, the 95 mb/sec ones, is the smarter move, rather than paying a price premium for memory card capability that the camera can not utilize. In the future, when prices on ultra-fast cards drop, and when you have a faster camera, then it'll make more sense to invest in higher-spec memory cards.

Thanks all. I thought that might be the case as no one really talks about them, just the 95mb ones

Most reactions

Back