Sandpit

I like the first pano best! the reflection of the calm sky in the water is neat :)

It's a well known technique. Poor mans soft focus. Lots of people use it, or want to but forget about it because it's so simple (the best stuff usually is). Some people also use a clear filter on their lens and smear petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on it. Its gives you a different effect and you can shape it so that it isn't smooth all across the picture or leaving patches clear if you want to. Just make sure you don't get any on your lens. You can also use a pair of tights stretched over the lens to give you a similar soft effect. I don't know if it'll work, but different colours may act like a very gentle colour filter at the same time.

Thanks mentos!

ferny, thanks for the info! I didn't knew it was such an often used technique :) my dad once told it to me, so I thought lets try it out.. I don't have any filter (well.. one.. but that one doesn't fit on the lens I use most..) so in a way you could say I'm a poor man..:p I might get myself some filters for my pentax one day.. if I can find them anywhere cheap (what did I tell you, poor man.. he he) but for the time being I'm having quite some fun trying out al kinds 'cheap' techniques..;) The other day I had this idea about putting tinted foil in front of my lens so that I could use looong shuttertimes in daylight.. dunno if it works or if this has been done before (I think it had.. photographers are craazy, they do all kinds of funny stuff)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back