Santa Pod Race Day

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Elysium, May 21, 2007.

1. Elysium

Elysium TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi guys. This is my first photo day out with a good qualty camera. I was spending the day at a drag strip so already it was going to be tricky.

Camera used : DSC-W80, DSC-T9 (testing) and the DSLR-A100 for main shots.

My main drawbacks were the lack of a tripod or even a monopod so I had to rely on the rails and also little experience at taking photo's at such high speeds. I have been impressed with the results but may need to put these through post processing before I print them.

Resized picci's below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My best picture has got to be the car on two wheels. I have more which I will upload shortly. C+C is welcome.

2. RKW3

RKW3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What shutter speed did you use? Just wondering..

Great shots! I have to agree that the one on two wheels is nice, but the 2 motorcycles is probably my favorite.

You should take the picture of the car on two wheels into photoshop a bit more. It seems like the colors are faded a lil.

Awesome pictures.

3. Elysium

Elysium TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you. It's a shame it's my works camera but nice to know its available when I decide but I really would like my own soon. It was more a practice since I have always wants to get into photography but I was happy.

I only remember post processing AFTER I took all the photo's so Lightroom helped slightly.

Shutter speed used for most of the pictures was 1/160 sec. I was planning to increase it a bit more but I wanted to capture the speed aspect so it was a good challenge and a lot of fun.

Heres the pic post pocessed

[​IMG]

Thank you for your feedback.