Santini Venus (not safe for work)

and the wrinkles on her right hip are unattractive.

that was my first thought too... it is a light thing i would say.

But the intention of photography is not necessarily to show perfection of the body. We mostly automatically assume that when looking at a nude image or a portrait, but why? Strictly speaking we cannot know if this was the intention...

I love the pose, and the general lighting, like mentioned above the forehead is a bit blown out for my taste, a photoshop curves adjustment might be the ticket if theres enough color information left. If you could get rid of the slight light spill on the backround that would add a lot...I haven't calibrated in a couple weeks though so it might be me.

Great Job I like it a lot

I think it's a great shot. I wonder how it would look if the light were just a touch more downstage so the area below her ear were just a touch less black. Also her left hand just a touch further downstage (directly above the knee) might help, but I have no idea about that one. The only other thing is her expression doesn't say anything to me. None of this means I wouldn't love to be able to get a photo like this myself. :)

Take it you got the lights to work better this time? I like it.

No, that is just one light. The others still won't fire unless the main is turned up to at least 50% Which is doable, I just didn't want a long DoF. There is one major wrinkle in the background which is already quite visible.

This was the model's model...

santinivenus.jpg

It is part of a series. I've done some research on classic Roman and Greek statues (Venus de Milo, Venus de Medici, Santini Venus, Nike, etc). I've chosen to recreate many of them along with new poses based on the classic themes.

I'm nearly finished with this. The next will include males. Statues I'm studying are The Dying Gaul, The Thinker, Discus Thrower, Atlas, and the like. Trouble is finding males who will sit. I have a much easier time getting women out of their clothes than I do men.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back