Santino's Pics

santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
WTC, a picture taken by me in 2000, others will follow. Comments are welcome

wtc.jpg

Kind of has a spooky feel, with the fog and the subject matter. Nice photo.

Hi, Santino, well your first contribution today is having, of course, a lot - A LOT - more meaning than it had when you first took that photo in 2000, when the world was still totally unaware of what would happen. Today, any photo of the WTC is carrying some extra (symbolic) burden.

That aside, I quite like the whispy clouds gathering around the top of the buildings, but I miss some more of the bottom, personally. I'd prefer an even wider angle so you'd see more than just those two seemingly solitary, seemingly unattached towers.

I quite like your second photo, mind, cause in that one, too, there're very low clouds. The busy foreground, most of all the garbage bags (spilling themselves onto the road, at that) and the hustling people are a bit too distracting, I think, but the "Don't enter" sign makes me smile... ;)

I like the fact that the towers aren't viewed as the same size. Many pictures we see of the WTC towers are one's where they look exactly alike. the clouds gives this picture an authentic feel. I also agree with LaFoto that the first picture became more meaningful due to the fact that they are no longer there. Great shot.

thx a lot again!
I would try to follow your instructions on the WTC but unfortunately, as you have mentioned, it no longer exists :(
However, thx for your comments, I'm going to post more of my pics :)

i actually think the highlight of the photo is the perfect pattern formed by the legs of the foreground peeps. now that brings a smile to my face =P

santino said:
Here's one from Egypt

plaza_soma_bay.jpg

Oh.. this one is good but would be even better if there where a person in the pict somewhere. I think I would also take the cut off umbrellas out completely.

Most reactions

Back