Santorini - Landscapes + Models + Macro - C&C Welcome!

barfastic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

i just returned from the most relaxing week ive had in the last ten years. I visited Imerovigli in Santorini, and i took over 2000 shots, and i just wanted to share with you guys! (C+C is also welcome)

Ok so here goes.

1)This first picture i took from a cliff on the south side of the island called Akrotiri. I really liked how you could see the shadow of the sail boat on the oceans surface, and the golden colors of the he whole scene really caught my attention.

3776626613_ac4d5f5d22_b.jpg

EXIF:
F-Stop: f/8
Exposure Time: 1/1250
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0
Focal Length: 70mm
Handheld

2)This second shot i took from a little road the goes around the whole inner coast of santorini, its called the Caldera. This was taken from a rooftop, and was only able to get 2 images before the home owner started to yell at me!

3776603223_53010f2bcd_b.jpg

EXIF:
F-Stop: f/8
Exposure Time: 1/60sec
Focal Length: 18mm

3)Now this shot was my absolute favorite, in terms of composition. Just wish i had more time to set it up right (with a tripod, and a pinch of extra lighting on the boat). From this pic to absolute darkness it was about 2 minutes... so out of the 10 shots i got, i think this was the best...

3776586501_819b228f4e_b.jpg

EXIF:
F-Stop: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 1.3 sec
Focal Length: 18mm

4)We went out with my two friends and did a "photoshoot" were they posed and i screamed "be a panther, look for food, kill the prey etc" and i came out with this shot, which i liked.

3777414490_10297bdac4_b.jpg

EXIF:
F-Stop: f/7.1
Exposure Time: 1/13sec
Focal Length: 22mm

5)This is the macro shot, I found a very intruiging shell at the hotel i was staying at, so i set it up on a table in the late afternoon, and took some shots of it.(Exif data is the same for both shots of this shell)

3777437172_68fc6d948f_b.jpg

3776629481_f7f598974f_b.jpg

EXIF:
F-Stop: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.6sec
Focal Length: 90mm

Hope you enjoy these pics as much as i did taking them :D

PS. Go to Santorini! :p

i love the hazy feel on teh sky .. great shots! :D

satornini looks really nice

I've dreamed of going to Santorini. Beautiful pictures.:thumbup: Wow the first shot of the shell I thought was fancy vanilla ice cream with chocolate swirls ...

Thanks guys,
i was very intruiged by that shell the moment i saw it... i should of stolen it! hahaha...

All I can say is WOW! Great shots! They are truely amazing! I love the first two the best and the model one. I love how the sky is hazy in the first two! Great job! What are you shooting?

what am i shooting? if you mean gear its a Sony A350 with a 18-70 Kit Lens

yes I meant gear. like what camera are you shooting with? Sorry if i didn't make it clear. thanks

What a beautiful series of shots!! The golden glow of the sun on the water, and the long shadow of the sailboat, are so pretty. And the blues/whites of the rooftop shot are stunning - this is a view I hope to see someday myself. Your friends did a good job posing. And that boat in the third shot certainly was a nice addition (what exactly is it...part of a display at a hotel or something?)

This series really makes me, the viewer, want to go there!

Thanks for the kind words Antarctican... in all honesty i want to go where your name is :p

The boat, is a real boat, its not an image/display, i was on a cliff about 50-100meters above it (i cant calculate distances to save my life) i have several shots of it passing by the suns glow on the water, but this was the most appealing in my eyes... i could post up the other ones if you guys want.

Yeah, i must admit, although this was the first time i went on a photography trip, the lighting the sunset and all white buildings provided amazing lighting. They acted like, i think they are called Bounces ? yea, that.

The 2nd one is great, very nice view! Did you have a UV lens on?

The 3rd one looks amazing only if the sky is a little less, but it's still great!

The 4th one looks very moody, I can tell you do enjoy your vacation alot! (Only if that's you)

Kcc

The 2nd one is great, very nice view! Did you have a UV lens on?

The 3rd one looks amazing only if the sky is a little less, but it's still great!

The 4th one looks very moody, I can tell you do enjoy your vacation alot! (Only if that's you)

Kcc

I think i must of had a UV lens on, i cant remember exactly...

I cropped out the sky, but i thought it looked better as is...

as for the 4th, im not in it... those are my two friends who were made to model for me! hehe

I positively love #3. Your eyes travel from the boat back to the bright light of sunset. I agree it would have been nice if there could be more detail seen on the boat itself. I wonder if a smidge of Photoshop could help that?

Most reactions

Back