Sarah and Sunhine......: )

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
Website
www.lulu.com
Sarah.......: )

medium.jpg

Sunshine......: )

medium.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

Wow! You really notice her eye in the first one! Awesome hair, too!

Sunshine has an appeal ... I can't put it into words just yet ... let me look for a bit ...

I especially like #1. Maybe a bit tighter crop on top and the left to help focus just on her face? That single eye shadowed back there is really mysterious, but I keep looking at all that hair ;)

woodsac said:
I especially like #1. Maybe a bit tighter crop on top and the left to help focus just on her face? That single eye shadowed back there is really mysterious, but I keep looking at all that hair ;)

Thanks.....More like this Woody? Or tighter?

medium.jpg

Thank you Jon and Nicole too! Appreciate it! : )

Her eye is almost dead center. I'd like the feel of it more if it were closer to one of the third division intersections. Probably the top left one. For my eye, I'd do a pretty heavy crop. The dark below and the hair above and left aren't adding to the image for me. I think the right is pretty good in the second crop.

I like the second crop better. I also agree with Mark. I think an even tighter crop on top and the left would benefit. The right looks really good with the little bit of light/space behind her hair.

Beautiful gal ! You have them postioned perfect with the light. I just love pretty eyes and you captured them well.

i think the way you had her at the first is the best crop... i never much cared for the thirds rule...

i love how innocent and yet, sultry she looks in that first photo...

that is a killer shot, pg... just killer..

and i love the sunshine shot... that is so open and bright... love it.

photo gal said:
That really does it for me! :D This crop has a very strong intimate presence. I don't know if that's what you had intended, but it now has an intent that I can read. She's hiding, but she's hiding with the viewer. The earlier crop didn't say much to me in a very stong way. There were several paths you could go with it, and this was the only one I saw that you could follow with a crop. You could go with a more "hidden from the world" idea, including hiding from the viewer, but I think it would take a different composition to make it stronger, including no eye contact.

Great portraits pg, really like the tones and i do prefer the last version of the crop, works better to me too. good job :thumbup:

absoulutly great! i love em, makes me want to try more portaits of my own!! great inspiration i tell you! great fotos! i like the last crop you did also!

Most reactions

Back