Sarah's Photography

Sarah-Beara

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello! My name is Sarah and I am pretty new to photography. I got into it about 3 or 4 months ago and just take pictures on and off, but when I do get started taking some, I cant stop! I am 13 years old (Like that matters!). Sooo, here are some of the pictures I have taken so far:

(I have selected a few from all the different types of pictures I take. I mainly do Macro shots)
Sorry About there being alot, I just dont know which to choose to show!:

-----Water Fun-----

---Flowers---

---Eyes---

---Other---

----Landscapes----

Many more where those came from!

Anyways, I just want advice and tips! That would be wonderful!

Btw, the camera I use is the Canon PowerShot A720 IS.

Also, Go to my deviantart if you want to see the pictures bigger. Sorry, 'bout that!
www.Sarah-Beara.deviantart.com

Last edited:
I see some interesting images there; it looks like you have a very good eye. If you're interested in critque and advice, may I suggest that you post 2-3 of the pictures you most want advice on.

Well its not a single picture I want advice on. Mainly the eye pictures and water pictures. Just wondering if there are any ways I could improve them.

well, it's rather difficult to give any sort of critique on pics that small. I mean they look interesting, but it would be really nice to see them at closer to full size.

The water pictures are well done, 10292, in particular. I'm not sure that there's too much further you can go with your current camera in this area. To really explore further, you're going to need a macro lens, and remote lighting. You've done an excellent job with what you've got. Unfortunately, I can't say much about the eye; trying to link to the larger image (As Nate mentioned the posted thumbnails are really too small to work with) only brings me to an Imageshack sign-in page.

Alright well, here:
www.sarah-beara.deviantart.com/gallery/

That is my gallery. There you can see the images much larger.

people likely wont go to your site to critque... its common curtousey in the forum to just post 2 or 3 of your faves (in larger views) most people don't have time to sit here and go through all your images and give advice... if you want critque, post a COUPLE here

Well, then, can you suggest some other place to upload my photos other than photobucket, because its not working for me.

Nevermind. Got it to work.

Alrighty now. These two are what I want the most help on:

(now you can click on them for larger view)

Regarding the water one, I am having trouble focusing in on them. I am doing them in the kitchen sink because it has a black background, but my camera always seems to want to focus in on the sink instead of the water. I usually have to let it run so that the camera knows something there and wont change focus, then slow it down to drips. Also, its an ugly background. Any ideas for ways to get a nice clean background?

Now for the eye, I have trouble with focusing in on the actual eye. I like doing shots with hair around it or over it, but it always seems to want to focus in on the actual hair. Also, I have trouble getting non-blurry images, even when I use my tripod. Is this just because of the camera I have and its not meant for what I want to do?

Hopefully thats easier to give advice on.

Can't help with the water( I'm also a newb) but I have the same camera and think you could use center focus (page 90 in manual), focus lock (p. 94) move hair - focus and lock - let hair fall back or manual focus (p. 96) or perhaps combinations of these modes.

I like the idea of using thumbnails...

people i've noticed on here will ***** if the pics to big, they'll ***** if its too small, they'll ***** if they have to click a link, no offense but there are alot of whiny non techie people looming around here. BUT they are great with photography so play to their bitchiness and you'll get the advice you seek.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back