Sarah's Wedding (Hired 1 week before wedding)

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was hired by Sarah's sister Katherine (you've seen my posts for her engagement pics) to do her wedding. Sarah gets engaged and hires her own photographer. Mom compares my photos of Katherine to Sarah's 8 engagement pictures and 10 bridal pictures (that's all she could find that she was even remotely pleased with). Mom fires Sarah's photographer one week before wedding date and calls me. That is the very shortest warning I've ever had for a wedding!
Here's some of my favorites!

2519763578_6c6c323f9a.jpg

2519763478_654b687b6b.jpg

2519763292_6824a18f90.jpg

2518944401_5a4a9faa1a.jpg

2518944227_45b4f3aeb5.jpg

2518944107_c775dda5e0.jpg

2518944047_ed5a8f5d87.jpg

2519762810_f2a36cd0e6.jpg

2518943769_3b6ea745bf.jpg

nice job!!... I loved the first one so much... what did you used??

and I´m amazed how white is the white... did you PP much?? or that´s how it came out...sorry such a noob I am ;)

nice job!!... I loved the first one so much... what did you used??

and I´m amazed how white is the white... did you PP much?? or that´s how it came out...sorry such a noob I am ;)

Thanks, I think that it's my fave so far too. I just quickly did PP on my favorites at a first glance because the bride wanted 10 pics at her reception.

I am a Pentax shooter all the way, just ordered my Pentax K20D today as a matter of fact. I used my kit lens (gasp) and sat on the ground below them pointing up at the sky.

I was, however, extremely dissapointed in the developing (walmart) they only gave me 1 hour and 15 minutes to upload them to my computer, PP them and print them out in time for reception. The colors when printed were so muted, that I am kinda pissed off.

As far as the whites, I didn't do much to them. It helps when you have natural lighting (i.e. the sun :lol:) to give you more life like colors.

They will be delighted that the went with you - these are quite marvelous. The colours are spectacular (actually, much better then here right now, so anything looks good to these eyes :lol:) I especially like 1, 3, and 8

I really like what you did with the fountain in #4 but I think it might have been better if there were not on top of the ledge but actually partialy hidden standing on the ground. it would look so much more realistic and not posed. Overall I really like them all and agree with the whiteness of them is wonderful.

I was wondering which temple that was at as well :)

I am shooting my BIL's couple shots at Ogden temple tomorrow and then the actual wedding photos at Logan on thurs EEK!

Yours are beautiful and so rich! Fantastic sky btw...LOVE blue skies :)

I really like these! The whites are so white and it looks like there was some beautiful weather. Wow only 1 day notice I hope they paid you good for that! You did a awesome job!

Ummm...maybe its just my screen but all the whites look blown. I can't see any of the detail in her dress, and that is a big wedding no no.

I was wondering which temple that was at as well :)

I am shooting my BIL's couple shots at Ogden temple tomorrow and then the actual wedding photos at Logan on thurs EEK!

Yours are beautiful and so rich! Fantastic sky btw...LOVE blue skies :)

These were shot in the Ogden Temple. This temple is different from most of the other temples in Utah, because of its surroundings. It's location is kindof in the middle of some dirtier neighborhoods. They have just finished remodeling the grounds as well as some of the building, to make it more eye appealing (I'm sure that's mainly for the brides.)

A fun location in Ogden if you've got the time, is the Flying J corporate offices. They have about 2-3 large waterfalls that are absolutely beautiful. Don't go on a weekend, though, or you'll have to take a number and wait your turn!

Logan Temple is stunning! I've shot there a number of times. The building is up on a hill overlooking the valley, and they keep their grounds absolutely immaculate!

Enjoy, and good luck!

Ummm...maybe its just my screen but all the whites look blown. I can't see any of the detail in her dress, and that is a big wedding no no.

Yes, alot of these whites are blown. In my defense, the day was really bright, the wedding was at noon. Not quite sure what I could have done to prevent it. I'll gladly take any tips you can offer!

Yes, alot of these whites are blown. In my defense, the day was really bright, the wedding was at noon. Not quite sure what I could have done to prevent it. I'll gladly take any tips you can offer!

Yea those are pretty much the worse conditions for photographers... there really isnt much you can do other than be a shade hunter!! I feel for you...

Number 1 is certainly the best. Very nice work by assistant (who holds the reflector).

Do not forget about the reflectors and screens when you do wedding photography professionally... (just another tip) :)

Most reactions

Back