Sarek Massif / Rappadalen

Wow no 6 is my fav,Those mountains look perfect,with the loud blowing over the top of them and the river flowng through them.Excellent shot.No 5 is also excellen,I love the shadow of the clouds on the bottom but I think you should have taken the shot closerto the edge

but I think you should have taken the shot closerto the edge

I see what you mean! Often it is good to something also in the foreground, but I agree that here there is a little bit too much foreground.

However, getting closer to "the edge" was not easy, as there was no real edge which you could approach ... mountains can be complicated sometimes ;) But I might dig out different images which are taken from an allrogether different spot to see if they look better in that respect.

perylousydemon:

exactly, but many people do not know :)

Elk (English) = Moose (American)
Red Deer (less common: Wild Deer) (English) = "American" Elk (American)

this looks like an amazing place... and something id like to do at some point... good stuff :thumbup:

this looks like an amazing place... and something id like to do at some point... good stuff :thumbup:

do it while young, it requires some preperation and can be physically rather demanding.

highly reccommended though!! :)

I actually almost froze one of my toes due to some lack of concentration one evening on that trip ....

The air looks so clean- I'd be afraid to exhale, that my grey soul would escape and mung up the pristine views.

Incredible shots!! The scenery is stunning. And it's so amazing how close you got to the elk/moose. I've really enjoyed your threads of your Arctic wanderings.
moose.gif

ShootHoops Thanks :) those two are also my favourites.

Antarctican Well, I guess since there was a small stream (like the one one you can see) separating us two, the elk was not really afraid of me :)

#5 and #6 for me too. Just an absolute WOW.

These photos make me visit this place once. Very nice!

well, I absolutely reccommend it! This was actually in the Sarek national park, which in some parts can become "crowded" with hikers (well, what you can call crowded in the wilderness) during "season". but if you avoid peak season, and avoid the more popular routes you might not meet a soul for days.

I might go back there this summer.

In case you need advice, feel free to bugger me ;)

BTW, this is not very far from where the famous ice hotel is built in the winter!

Mohain & Tangerini : Thanks :)

hmm, you all missed my other post on it :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back