saturation?

speciespython

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was wondering if i should over-do the saturation?(i have already fixed it a little, but only a little, as the shot was already quite good) to make it a little more abstract, and interesting?
24-08-05073.jpg

thank you for looking,
laura

Well, why don't you just try? You never need to save any of your playful attempts, do you? If that was an idea of mine, I'd just go ahead with it. If it is awful, who will ever know?

i wouldnt oversaturate it if i were you. but then again, i wouldnt oversaturate any picture...basically what oversaturation does....is make it look like you saturated it too much. the same as overexposure blows out the light areas so you can't see details, oversaturation 'blows out' the more colorful areas by making them big blocks of color, and there is no detail. Sometimes this depends on how you do the saturation though. The saturation of the image as it is looks great to me.

core_17 said:
I'd personally like to see it undersaturated...but then I have a thing for under saturation. :mrgreen:
Agreed. This could be toned way back and the color would be more delicate, but still very lovely. Sometimes less is more. :)

core_17 said:
I'd personally like to see it undersaturated...but then I have a thing for under saturation. :mrgreen:

im the same way. i like to undersaturate for a flavor of color and up the contrast for more bold images.

Most reactions

Back