Saturday afternoon fun (56k warning)

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here I was on a beach trying to fiqure out how to get a good angle on a piece of driftwood that somehow righted itself on a beach :scratch:

pic1.jpg

When along came a woman and a whole bunch of youngin's. The kids took a shining to the tree and started playing on it.Well I am a firm believer in going with the flow so I asked the woman if it was O.K. to take pictures of the children and if it was O.K if I could post them on the internet. She said " yes" :cool:

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

The girl on the right is a real natural in front of a camera. The girl on the left has an amazing complexion and such mysterious eyes

pic5.jpg

And finally I asked the woman if I could take her picture also:

pic6.jpg

She gave me her e-mail address and I sent the colour version pictures to her. I may give her the url to this thread so she can view the B&W's also.

Hope she likes them, after all the price was right. Plus I had a blast taking the pictures. :mrgreen:

I love first and last shot. fantastic! may be best on full size print

Love the last two. Excellent captures. So, exactly how cold was it on the beach? Not sure if you are having a blast of the same warm air we are having in Southern Ontario.

Eric

Thankyou Iphoto and Airic

We have had a warm blast of air here for the last week, it was actually above freezing but a very strong wind from Lake Superior. Warm weather and a Saturday afternoon to kill in Feburary = Photo taking time.

AIRIC said:
Love the last two. Excellent captures. So, exactly how cold was it on the beach? Not sure if you are having a blast of the same warm air we are having in Southern Ontario.

Eric

it's 52 right now here in B-lo :)

nice shots! looks like you all had a great time... i'm sure she'll love the pics :thumbup:

excellent impromptu work Cruzin! i love the treatment and angles you gave this series and yes, you did have some great subjects to with with. very mysterious eyes! :thumbup:

Thanks Nytmair and JonMikal , I enjoy doing things off the cuff, makes life more exciting.

Glad you noticed the treatment I gave them, I spent an inordant amount of time converting the last Pic to B&W. The orginal came out pretty fair to but most of the time I prefere people in B&W.

Here's is the orginal straight out of the camera.

pic67.jpg

I'm sure they will love the photos! Sounds like the perfect afternoon and you got some wonderful shots. Great b/w conversions as well!

Good series. I really like the tone for the BW conversions it's quite dramatic ;) Lucky timing having such willing participants come along!

Canon Fan said:
Good series. I really like the tone for the BW conversions it's quite dramatic ;) Lucky timing having such willing participants come along!

I think people in small communites are more open and relaxed when it comes to strangers. I took the pictures about 45 minutes from home in a community of app. 500 people. I am going to start asking more people, the worst that can happen is they will say no.

Thanks all for you vote of confidence and comments :)

That's a great series! It looks like the entire family was very photogenic. They all looked very happy to be there. I love the B&W in all of these shots. :thumbsup:

Personally I think the B&W pictures are much, much better then the colour pictures, but I think that about most pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back