saturday (c&c welcome)

denada

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
getting a little more comfortable with my epson v600 and playing digital darkroom. spent quite a bit of time experimenting with different scan settings and following up with different PS strategies, but i learned a bit about what works for me and think i'll be able to go from negative to a presentable jpeg with less struggle next time.

cropped from tri-x 400 shot on a nikon fg.

tumblr_o51d75vlYg1v9quoao1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, great job, there's a couple of area where I would dodge a little, like his shirts and his eyes, even if closed, also whats the weird patern on his arm ? The building and the ''poteau'' behind seems too dark, but it's may be my computer. I wish the car wouldn't be in the shot, and that the 2 peoples walking together more in the middle but that's not in your control. Overall, I love it, keep posting

I like the tone, kinda remind me a do the right thing in bw. the youngs, being wiser.

thanks, cauzimme! yes, it is too bad that minivan is in the background; irks me very much. i think the weird thing on his arm is a defect with the negative -- either a scratch or piece of whatever. at first it didn't bother me, but now that you've called it out i wish i would have re-scanned or attempted to fix in photoshop.

I am not an expert but have to say it is very inspiring. Great street photo, that little boy is proud of that skateboard and the other is distracted by someone or something, holds the viewer in tight. Excellent composition. This is a photo that shows very good skill and careful thought before pressing the shutter. I would not edit a thing, it is perfect. Nominated for April POTM.

thanks, jcdeboever.

yeah, that skateboard is definitely a prized possession. that kid knows how to pose too. there were a bunch of kids and i took a few photos; he was always on point and it was a matter of waiting for the others to fall into place.

Most reactions

Back