TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ND015.jpg

ND016.jpg

ND017.jpg

ND018.jpg

ND020.jpg

ND021.jpg

Very nice! The first and the last are my favorites, maybe for their simplicity.

So what are we looking at here? Traffic trails? How did you do this?

BLS said:
So what are we looking at here? Traffic trails? How did you do this?

I attach a camera to my rearview mirror facing to the front of the car. Then just drive around taking long exposures. I do not track the exposure times as there are not enough hands to do everything. I guess the times range from about 30 seconds to 2 minutes. I used ISO 100 film in a Smena 8M camera for these. The Smena is a good choice, as it weighs only a few ounces, being a plastic camera.

whoah, nice, im pretty much a newb, im only 13. but, do you do that by making the shutter speed long? and what do you do with the aperture. my dad knows all this stuff, and im trying to "get it"

You come up with some fun ideas, PB. I'm most partial to the second one there, but they're all hella cool. :thumbsup:

midgetsy said:
whoah, nice, im pretty much a newb, im only 13. but, do you do that by making the shutter speed long? and what do you do with the aperture. my dad knows all this stuff, and im trying to "get it"

The shutter is set on 'B' and held open for about 30 seconds to one minute with a locking cable release. The F/stop used is 4 which is fully open on this camera. I have not experimented with any other f/stops. The exposure times are the important issue here. If it is too long the image becomes cluttered and not very good.

Just an FYI for anyone who's wondering. B is short for 'bulb' which is basically "as long as you hold the shutter for".

I've done these before, mine turned out all pretty standard since it was mounted on the tripod setup in the passenger seat. I like yours a lot better, since they seem to be moving all over, not just "forward" if that makes sense.

Very good! I really want to try something like this. Reminds me of the fantastic Castrol advertisement, you guys seen that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back