Saturday Shoot

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by photogoddess, Dec 6, 2005.

1. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Just a few from this last weekend. I'm not done with my post processing but thought I'd throw a couple up here.

Nina
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our very own Traci :mrgreen: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    hey traci!! good to see you! :D
    I love that second shot of hers! :thumbup:

3. Traci

Traci when you wish upon a star...

Thanks Danalec! :blushing:

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, that smiling shot of Traci is very natural and relaxed. Seems to really capture who she is. Nice work.

5. Tally Ho

Tally Ho TPF Noob!

Good exposure in all of these and the women are beautiful. You also captured good natural expressions on the faces. As far as the lighting of the hair, I would like to see more light on the hair of these gals. Their dark hair and dark background nearly mix.

Critique:

#1. This image is flat lit which makes her face look very wide and the masculine head tilt isn't the most flattering way for her to tilt her head in this body position. I would remove one catchlight from her right eye. Short lighting would have slenderized her face, and tilting her head to the feminine shoulder would have made her look prettier and generally more feminine (IMHO).
    #2. Broad lit which makes her face look wide. She has two catchlights in each eye. The rule is there should be only one.
    #3. Broad lit and her face is turned too far creating that strange looking right eye.
    #4. Broad lit and I find her hand distracting. Heavy women should NEVER be flat lit or broad lit as it adds pounds to her portrait. In the 10,000 or so women that I have photographed in the past 23 years, I have never had one ask me to make her look heavy, but maybe tomorrow!
    #5. Broad lit. To short light someone and take off 15 pounds, light them from the opposite side that you have lit these gals from.

TH

(This post should really put me in good graces with the global moderator!)

6. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Great pictures, Tammy! I love your choice for black and white on these. Traci, you look awesome and such natural expression/smiles :D The rest of the women look very comfortable and natural in front of the camera, too. A true tribue to the photographer :thumbsup:

Tally, it has been my experience that women don't like to be referred to as "heavy" and I've seen you use that term several times in the forum. I'm pretty certain that of your 10,000 women that you've photographed none would like to read on a public forum that you used a certain lighting technique because they were heavy and felt they should shed 15lbs by the use of lighting. Advice on lighting and posing is fine, and I am sure will be taken into consideration.

7. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great shots, Tammy. It's obvious you have the magic touch with getting your models comfortable in front of you - something I notice in just about everything you shoot. :thumbup: You're good!!

Traci looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing these, since we know she never would (photographer's privilege, muahahahaha), shy girl. ;)

8. Tally Ho

Tally Ho TPF Noob!

I usually tell them I will light them to take off 15 pounds and 10 years, and they usually lightheartedly say 'can you make it 25 on the pounds and 15 on the years?' I doubt that they would be shocked to hear me say that someone (me) thinks they are heavy, especially if they are.:D

TH

9. Traci

Traci when you wish upon a star...

TH, I think you just dug yourself deeper. However, I am very aware that I am "heavy", I think that you have to be mindfull of what you say. As, Terri mentioned, I wouldn't normally post a picture of myself, but I didn't take it. Photogoddess and I are friends, therefore I didn't mind.

Thanks, everyone else for the very nice comments that you made. PG is an awesome photographer, and yes, she has the knack to capture the "real" person.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

Would that be with or without the carpet?

11. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hehe Hertz.
    I think they are beautiful. I love the black and white, but most of all the natural facial expressions.

12. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    BTW- I think both models look beautiful....Healthy, vibrant and happy.
    Screw you, Ho.

• Like Like x 1