Saturn last night

nice photo -- i'm just gettin into astronomy, but am a bit disappointed with the image of Saturn i've just seen for the first time. Is this all i can expect??? (similar to the photo at start of thred)?

Also - would like to take some photos through new telescope, but don't have 35mm camera and attachments, but do have 2.2Mp digi - is it possible to take some half decent images with this?

Becky, I have a Celestron C6N 150mm Newtonian reflector which is soon to get a motordrive upgrade! :D

bonesetter said:
nice photo -- i'm just gettin into astronomy, but am a bit disappointed with the image of Saturn i've just seen for the first time. Is this all i can expect??? (similar to the photo at start of thred)?

What scope are you using? You'll find that seeing conditions will vary a lot from night to night, hour to hour and it often takes a while for your eyes to adjust to the lower light levels. Persistance pays! :D

bonesetter said:
Also - would like to take some photos through new telescope, but don't have 35mm camera and attachments, but do have 2.2Mp digi - is it possible to take some half decent images with this?

There is a camera mount adapter for eyepeice projection photography

digitalcameraadaptor.gif
http://telescopesandbinoculars.co.uk/acatalog/Ultra_standard_digital_camera_support____.html

A very simple and relatively cheap device! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back