Saunders Enlarger

strategist1020

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

I am new to photography and I recently received a saunders enlarger. Sorry but I do not remember the model number of the saunders because it is in my darkroom which is in another location.

Anyhow there is something I am uncertain about when it comes to printing a photo on this enlarger. The link below leads to a picture of a VCCE module on the saunders model that I have.

My friend advises me that when I use the saunders I should switch the lever to print when I am about to make a final photo. Naturally I will need a test strip in order to determine the amount of exposure time. So I was wondering when making a test strip for a photo(with the intention of setting the lever to print instead of focus for the final photo)should I make the test strip while keeping the lever on print?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Variable-Contrast-VCCE-Module-for-LPL-4x5-Enlargers_W0QQitemZ350122391743QQcmdZViewItemQQims xZ20081108?IMSfp=TL081108124001r2287#ebayphotohost ing

I know nothing about Saunders enlargers, but I assume that the print/focus lever just moves a red filter into the light path, in which case, you will have to have it set to print to expose the paper.

you need to flip that lever to the print stage as it engages the filter pack. with focus engaged you get white light only. so you will need to use that function when making a test , or when printing.

it also has a toggle called 1 and 2. those are for paper types; i.e. ilford, kodak, etc.

just pick one and use only that , don't switch back and forth.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back