Save my butt - 3 trees and a hill...

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not much to do at work this morning so I took off about 9 and hit the hills... Had an idea, and came back with a ton of shots, but these are the ones my wife likes.... She sz she wants one printed for the den.. - but I had to guess which one she likes.. I asked, "Is this one of those .. dz this make my butt look big traps" ?? She sz, just pick one... Thought I'd look at them for a while, and throw them out to you ... Ideas?

thanks,

R

4082230192_8579cdbff5_b.jpg

4081473243_950a5c8b19_b.jpg

4082234894_9062a4553a_b.jpg

And one just a little different...

4081470901_8df75c2a0c_b.jpg

Im liking #2 the most...its just pops out the most to me...
with a black mat and framed it would look great

i agree, 2. nice shot.

I dunno I am liking number 1 has that things are getting brighter feel to it that can warm up a place.

I think #3. It's circular, has good rhythm, balance plus variety, contrast and texture. Very pleasant to look at. Tom Beard

I like almost all of them. Seems like in #1, youget the effect of the sunlight on the tree's bark, turning it into an oil-painting impression.

Nice shots! Like the colors in #3 the most.

Is it just me, or is #4 nowhere even close to being in focus?

Looks like he grabbed the clarity bar and pulled it all the way down. It was most likely in good focus. 2 and 3 are my favorites.

#3 is your best composition.. It shows that the landscape is the subject with the tree as an interesting interlude..... nicely done

2 is best focused/exposed, but the tree is chopped off and the background is minimal, so it leaves what the subject is up in the air.....

1. for some reason looks a little like a nucular bomb went off and you snapped the shot. it has an intresting look.
I lke the comp of #2
ROT used well and color as it seems a little odd but some reason looks apealing.
I would like to see 2 or 3 with the tree attached to the ground. maybe some crazy roots or a little somthing to say life.
I like the pics tho!
I didnt like #4 at all but you know, i have looked at it more and more and its growing on me. I would maybe try it again with a different sky.
I AM just a rookie and am learning myself so...

all but #1 look over-processed to me

I agree,
Love the color in #3 but the blue sky toward the right is too intense, so I have to pick #2 as my favorite. Great shots,
Orton technique on #4?

Nice shots! Like the colors in #3 the most.

Is it just me, or is #4 nowhere even close to being in focus?

Looks like he grabbed the clarity bar and pulled it all the way down. It was most likely in good focus. 2 and 3 are my favorites.

Actually, #4 is processed using the "Orton" effect.. Google it, as there are some... "SOME"... photos that just bling with this processing.... Not sure this one does, but it's a beautiful effect with the right picture..

Thanks,..

r

Most reactions

New Topics

Back