Saving Snapshots

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by abraxas, Feb 12, 2008.

1. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This shot was taken with no intent other than to kill time, burn some electrons, show the kid her picture on the display screen, and explain to her that this is how the cheapie camera steals part of her soul.

before:
    [​IMG]

Now, 3-4 years later I come across the shot and the little girl looks like she's suffering oxygen deficiency, and I'm kind of wishing I would have taken the camera off of auto-w/b.

Here's a save I came up with.

after:
    [​IMG]

C&C ???

2. RKW3

RKW3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmm pretty nice. Maybe you shoulda done selective coloring to keep the (blue?) color in the eyes.

3. Ajay

Ajay TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice save, although I think the left side of her face still looks a little too dark.
    Just out of curiosity, where was this taken - since you mentioned explaining the camera stealing part of her soul...?

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The crop is nice, and going all b&w helps fight the wrong white balance well ... but her eyes are a bit dull ... since you are working on that photo anyway, you might want to give a little more light to them? Not so much that it looks all fake and funny, of course, but I think a LITTLE more may just work without it looking all wrong. Maybe?

5. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I tried to bring out the eyes and their highlights just a bit more. May look a little better.

-I have all kinds of idiot things I tell my grand-daughters. Even at a young age they know I'm full of it. My favorite story is to tell them my job used to be being shot out of a cannon. Me and Kassidy here would argue about my statement that cows go 'meow' and cats go 'moo.' I love that these girls will stand up and not back down in an argument/discussion when they know they are right.