Saw this yesterday, went back to get it today.

hokies2379

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thoughts?

IMG_6496.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Compelling.

What is the source of that 'gold' on the ground?

Wow- that's really cool!

Thanks for sharing that- great capture.

Great shot. Sky seems to have a magenta a cast, though.

Nice shot. Id be dragging that truck out of there for a full restoration!

Pretty good scene you showed us. Colors miht be a bit funky, but still, a good picture, fine vantage point. Pretty well-composed for what it is.

A color cast is a color cast is a color cast and yours has a definite magenta color cast to it. There are a number of ways to correct this. If you are using Photoshop for post production I can easily walk you through the steps to adjust as I am showing here. If you are using Lightroom, I haven't a clue but I am sure there is someone on here who can direct you to the proper method.

hokies.jpg

From a composition standpoint, I like the first one better. The funky colors are a little unsettling. If this is an artistic choice then perhaps tone it down some, especially the magenta sky. If it's the white balance as others have suggested then you might need to calibrate your monitor. I use this

X-Rite ColorMunki Smile Color Calibration Solution CMUNSML B&H very simple to use and does a great job.

I've also gotten in the habit of carrying a set of of white, black, and gray, cards on a lanyard, less then $10. In lieu of that even a small piece of white Styrofoam plate will work. Before you start shooting take a picture of what ever card you're using. Then when you start processing use the eye dropper to sample the card as your white balance. In LR once you set the WB you can highlight all of your photos in the tray, click the synch button. On the screen that comes up click uncheck all then click the white balance box, and continue. All of your images that you had selected will now be set to the same WB.

glad you went back, thanks for sharing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back