"Saw"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Mitica100, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Anyone seen this movie? We just rented it over the weekend and I was totally glued to the sofa. It's so tense!... It's also gross.

What's amazing is that the movie was done in less than three weeks and it was done rather well. Wow!

2. Niki

Niki TPF Noob!

Only tree weeks? :shock:
    I really liked this movie. Usually I guess too much what will happen in movies, but I didn't in this. It was surprising to the end. :D
    And yeah, very gross too.

3. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i thought the movie plot was great...the scenes were well put together...BUT..

cary elwes acting sucked.

other than that, great movie, unexpected ending!!

md

4. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm afraid to see it. :mrgreen:

I'm way too good at terrorizing myself with nasty imagery at inopportune times, like when I'm alone in the house at night, or suffering from insomnia. I have enough mind-torment fodder; I am afraid of adding to my arsenal. :D

5. Unimaxium

Unimaxium TPF Noob!

Northeastern University, originally from Philly
    Photos OK to edit
    Yes, the acting sucked, but the plot was good enough that I forgot about the bad acting. I saw it in the theater, and jeez was It scary. What was funny was that I had seen The Grudge the week before, and thought that was a scary movie until I saw Saw. Now The Grudge looks like nothing in comparison (although it was a really good movie, it just wasn't as scary).

6. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

i'm pretty much with MD on this one, except i expected the bad acting. i mean, it was a scary movie... since when do they have to be acted well? :razz:

i do hesitate to actually call it "scary" though. more disturbing than scary, i think.

good flick though. i'd recommend it. :)

7. loopy

loopy Brave little froggy...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    At first, I was stunned. Then when I actually thought about it, 3 weeks is still pretty fast, but fairly easily obtainable, especially if it was already scripted and planned out.

The saw was twisted and creepy. I loved it! ItÂ’s too bad the acting sucked; actually the only actor I really didn't like was the dude that played the doctor.

8. Nytmair

Nytmair TPF Noob!

i really wanna see this.... i'll wait till a friend buys it on DVD or something (yeah i'm cheap, haha)

9. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

Heard its good .... it was directed ( and written , I think ) by two RMIT graduates ( a local TAFE college here in Melbourne )

10. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Photos NOT OK to edit

The original version of The grudge(Ju-on) is much scarier. The us version had to spell things out while the original left more to the imagination. You should give it a try. What freaks me out is the creepy noise the ghost makes in that flick.

SPOILER INFO BELOW!! stop reading if ya want to keep from know ing to much!!

yep saw was pretty cool. not yer typical run of the mill slasher flick. Ewles acting was bad. so bad that i thought he was the the bad guy acting like a normal dude. and yes the ending way great. totally unexpected.

11. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Saw has a really good and original story. I had a problem with the "fancy" editing. I also think they did not bother to hire continuity due to lack of funds. Ever since the Princess Bride; I have felt Gary Elwes is a good actor. He may be getting on in years.

Personally... acting is tough to judge. On one hand it is all about entertaining the audience. Making them believe; no matter what! On the other hand I say it is the fool directors fault for not illustrating the script. This is coming from a community theater stand point. Obviously films are a whole different ball game.

Since Mygrain brought it up... I watched the Grudge and it was fairly creepy. Now I want to see Ju On! Hollywood is famous for ruining foreign films. Look at Shall we Dance.