Sayings...

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
Recently, it was brought to my attention that all the sayings I have grown up with, are null and void in the North. I know that the Mason Dixon line truly seperates the North and South but never expected it to be like the Great Wall of America and stop even sayings from coming across.

The saying that got the ghost stare was: I told this guy that I have to work with, but he works out of NJ, that I could be falling under the 2% rule. I've heard this saying my entire life, the 2% rule, but he had nooo clue what it meant... neither has anyone up here that I've asked. In fact, I haven't found anyone that does know what the 2% rule is. I know I grew up in the sticks but c'mon...

Do any of you know what the 2% rule is or have you heard of it before?

As we already established I have no idea what you're talking about :mrgreen:

i've always associated it with stocks etc. never invest more than 2% on any single stock. best i can come up with and i've lived in the S all my life :mrgreen:

Brad would know....he grew up in Georgia....but he's already asleep. Think I should go wake him up? :mrgreen:

I've heard of it, it has numerous interpretations in the financial arena. AFAIK it's a method which involves ensuring that your investment can't go too far wrong. It's associated with streaks and share prices. Bit out of my league... I'll ask someone more knowledgeable later.

Rob

I guess my town in SC was smaller than I thought. :oops:

The 2% rule is: In order to operate something, e.g. a stapler, a computer, a car, etc..., you have to be at least 2% smarter than said object. I fall around 1.5% a lot of times myself. :lol:

Most reactions

Back